Eosone RSF200

Submitted by Charlie Velez a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
It's a shame these bad boys aren't being made anymore. I purchased these from Best Buy and I can tell you truthfully that after checking out just about everything the store could throw at me to try out, these were the best speakers hands down. Some may say that they're a bit "hot" on the high end, but what are tones control for if not to tailor the sound to your taste? :-)
The tweeter in the back of the cabinet disperses the sound well which opens up the sound stage to a degree not expected from a speaker this size. I have these speakers linked with a Eosone subwoofer and you wouldn't believe the energy they put out.
Too bad they aren't made anymore, so if you happen to come across a pair, snatch them up. You won't be sorry!

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by matt payne a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 21, 2000

Bottom Line:
this speeker are the top notch small two way speaker and they sound live. they have lots of bottom but not a womping speaker. but i have a valodyne sub. and it sounds awsome. but they don't sound as good as my worfedales. or it could be that they are an exact speaker. and they sound real. and if you are an audiophile you will know what i mean.

Submitted by Joe a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2000

Bottom Line:
Okay, the foam around the woofers on my 20+ year old Advent/1's finally deteriorated and I decided to replace them. I read a lot of reviews and listened to a lot of speakers, everything from the audiophile "snob" brands (B&W DM302, Paradign Titans, NHT SuperOne's) in the upscale stores to JBLHLS610 and HLS810, Infinity RS3, etc. Read about the Eosone 200's and decided to give them the 30-day trial from Crutchfield ($200/pr., only had 39 pair left when I ordered, when they're gone, you won't be able to get them new anymore). I know I didn't try them all in the exact same environment (my home) to give a true comparison. If anything, the upscale stores had the most ideal environments. I listen to a wide range of music from jazz to big band to classical to rock and do not have, nor did I intend to buy a subwoofer anytime soon. The 200's sounded the clearest over the wider frequency range (followed by the RS3's). I liked the SuperOnes, but there wasn't enough bass without a sub.

I am very pleased with the quality/value I am getting from these speakers. I did find that correct room placement on good stands made them sound even better. I expect to get good sound out of them for another 20+ years.

Submitted by Steven Martin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 28, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have had my Eosone RSF-200 speakers for over a year now and have been very statified with their rich highs and deep lows.They are used as my rear speakers with the Infinity RS-8's as my front and a pair of Bose 200-series as my centers,with a Sony STR-DE935 reciever.The sound for music as well as surround-sound on my DVD is magnificent.While I am here may I suggest to everyone in to music and DVD the ideal of getting a Philips -Pronto remote it can do wonders on reducing the clutter of multiple remotes.

Submitted by David a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 28, 1999

Bottom Line:
Replaced a blown pair of Bose 201's on a return for the same price back in late '98 and what a difference for $200. These speakers can seem to sound a little bright depending on the placement near walls to rear of the speaker. Overall a hard speaker to beat for the budget sound system.