Eosone RSF1000
Description: Dipolar 4 way w/ powered sub

Submitted by Dmcdon5346 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2007

Bottom Line:
I purchased these speakers without ever seeing them when I worked for Best Buy. Eosone had not released the products yet, and we only read the spec sheet on them. I was 16 years old and $550 was a lot of money when you worked for $5.65/hr. I have had these speakers for 11 years now and never had one regret. They have very clear sound and a tight bass to them. I have always been extremely impessed with the clearity of the highs for a large tower speaker. I have powered them with a Sony STR-D915 220w receiver to this point, but I just ordered an Onkyo with 7.1. I felt it was time for an upgade to Digital. As for the speakers though, I will never sell them. They have treated me great for 11 years now and I definatly abuse them. I've had many complaints over the years from my neighbors, but they just sound so good when turned up that I can't resist.

Purchased At:   Direct from Eosone

Submitted by powerlord a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2006

Bottom Line:
I've been looking for a set of these for quite some time and as soon as I saw them on ebay I jumped at the chance without ever hearing them before,and I'm so happy I did.I have tried alot of HT gear in my life,all brands from 200.00 to 5000.00 dollar.There have been great infinity products,Definitive,Snell,Paradigm,Lotus, I could go on.I'm not an audiophile snob,but I am aware of seperation,cancellation,bass frequencies,crossover settings,phase shifting and parameters.So I am picky to a certain extant,these Towers have made me fall in love with them,I have them coupled to my Pioneer Elite reciever,subwoofer knob at about 12 O'clock,at 75 hz.Medium settings on reciever with front and rear mids and tweeters on.The sound quality is bar none,if you don't watch out the tweets will make your ears bleed,the mids are exquisite,but alas the subs lack the deepest of low end,don't get me wrong,they will shake everything in the house just not at high volume,they tend to flatten at that point.Very nice tight bass with music.Whoever gives these a bad review has either way to much money and are just bored out of their skull or they don't have the gear to push these correctly!

Submitted by homesound a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
I purchased the RSF-1000's used over 1 year ago for $900. I tested the speakers for the first time with the Pink Floyd album Dark side of the moon. The first thing I noticed was the subs crapping out during the heart beat in the beginning of the cd. The excursion of rate of the subs are not all that great. The do not travel out very far at all. The bass is very boomy even at low volumes. I have attenuated the crossovers so many times to find that sweet spot and I am yet to find it. The bass from the woofers is undefined and not clean at all. I believe it is due to having two subs occupying the same ported cavity. The 6" drivers are not crossed over well either. They can be easily overdriven if you do not know to set the bass level on the main receiver to low and compensate with the volume of the subs on the rear of the Eosones. Another gripe I have is the "radiant sound field". I am not as big of a fan of it now as I was when it was explained to me how you could sit just about anywhere between the speakers and still get an equal stereo listening environment. Actually the radiant sound technology mucks up the stereo separation of the left to right channels. I just want to rip the rear component out and make rear channel speakers out of them. I admit that I purchased these speakers just to brag to my friends but the more I grow in my musical taste and the more my ears crave that perfect sound I feel like parting with these speakers and purchasing some paradigm speakers. I was thinking of undertaking a project to re engineer the Eosones and putting different drivers/subs and crossovers inside. Anyone interseted in starting a project?

Purchased At:   For sale by owner us

Submitted by Randy Man a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
In respect to Bose - which I have no respect for - they dont really compare. Bose have never pleased me personally and I have to rely on the old "no highs , no lows, it must be BOSE". As far as you "audiophiles" who intend to dismiss anything that has a hint of mass appeal as a crap product - insert adjective here - you. I am so drained by your arrogance and I giggle when I think of all the money and effort you expend in purchasing product from mom and pop shops that are no better a source of product or knowledge than what they can recite from the latest audiophile publication. The arrogance and ignorance of these specialty shops is infuriating. If they don't carry it - well its cause its a crap product - it couldnt be that the manufacture would like to sell more than 2 a year to the wondering fool who stumbles across their shop. The eosones have their issues, but none are unsurmountable. Give em a nice amp, I prefer Luxman, actually I drive the entire system with 4 M117 vintage Lusman amps. Its a beautiful thing even when the lights dim - lol. These are a quality built and unique design - one of the first and best that provided integrated amplification for the dirvers. Shop around, stay away from the bullcrap salesman at Joes Audiophile Inc. Find what you like, what sound good to your "ear" not a piece of electronics.

I dont mean to sound to harsh in regards to the "killer" speakers I have scene posts about here. But, listen people, you can only do so much with the technology that exists. Just as doubling the amp size wont double your sound level (its actually 10x) paying 4k for a pair of speakers wont get you where you have be told it will. Abuse your 1000's for 6 years like I have and then tell me honestly that you would have been happier with a pair or 4k $ speakers that would have melted under the abuse 5 years ago.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Sokoto Pirang a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2001

Bottom Line:
These speakers sing like you never heard it before with two high current mono blocks putting out 120 amps of current.
I give 5 stars easy.