Energy Speaker Systems Veritas V2.3 Tower Speakers
Description: Looking for headline speakers without the headline expense? Introducing the breathtaking Energy Veritas V2.3 speaker system, a superior blend of unbelievably true sound and exceptional craftsmanship. Designed for the music enthusiast, the Energy Veritas V2.3 offers unparalleled performance and flexible placement capabilities, making this your ideal sound investment. Visit your local authorized Energy retailer and experience the incredible performance of the Energy Veritas V2.3.

Submitted by 8watt300b a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2010

Bottom Line:
I bought these new along with a Bryston 4b and Bryston BP25 pre. I used Music wave speaker cables and Kimber PBJ interconnects.
These sounded pretty nice without being too harsh when turned up. They had an airy sound that depicted musical veritas.
Loved them!
In all I melted 3 drivers as they couldn't seem to handle the high power of The Bryston 4B.
Dealer told me I must be driving them into distortion. Nope, just louder than the 200 watts rating seemed to like to handle.
Anyways, I told them they could keep them and I bought the Highest in the Conisour line and drove them hard with no complaints. Missed the sound of the Veritas though.

Submitted by chinpoko a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2010

Bottom Line:
When I first listened to the Veritas V2.3 at the defunct Good Guys I was immediately impressed by the speaker's clarity, effortlessness, balance, neutrality, accuracy and soundstage. The $2400 price, however, was way above my budget.

Several months later, when Energy introduced the new model (the V2.3i), one GG store had one floor unit of the V2.3 that I found to be in perfect working state. It just had a practically invisible needle-type scratch on one side of the cabinet and the spikes were missing. I got it for less than 1K, tax included.

At the time I had a Conrad-Johnson MF-2100 solid state amp and a Conrad-Johnson PV-10AL tube preamp While the sound was very satisfying across the board, I had a craving for a tube amp because I knew it would bring the speakers to a higher level of musicality and performance. So I saved up for it and got myself a Jolida 302B integrated amplifier. I also invested in Kimberly interconnects and discovered that speaker cables made with "enameled" oxygen-free copper wire (20 bucks for a 100-ft roll) gave me a sound that a $$$ teflon-insulated product couldn't match.

My final addition to the system was an ACI Force subwoofer. I was pleased with the V2.3 bass response, but I knew that the sub would enhance imaging as well. The result is pure joy. Depth, detail, speed, dynamics and 3D effect is stunning. With the best LPs on my turntable it's got me nailed to the listening chair and skipping meals. The beauty of tube equipment is that with different tube combinations you can significantly change the sound, like you would with new components but at a fraction of the cost.

I think this speaker is worth looking for at reliable stores that handle used audio, like Saturday Audio Exchange.

Submitted by rob wood a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2009

Bottom Line:
having been a music lover for many years and spending a lot of cash listening to many different sets of well known speakers and never really being satisfied with the overall sound.I managed to bump into a set of these marvelous v2 3i and let me tell you they are simply amazing you use these with the right amplification you wont ever get rid of them. they are by far the best speaker for the actual size of them . ive had speakers that cost a few grand more than these v2 3i and are no were as good . these are simply one of the best speakers around better than you might think ,relatlivey cheap aswell . to put it bluntly buy them try them out unbelievable !!! you must use a good amp to get the best out of these speakers!

Submitted by John Penner a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2008

Bottom Line:
I don't profess to be a hardcore audiophile and write with all the technical lingo that goes with a review, but I am a staunch audio enthusiast that appreciates dearly a very high quality of sound. I have had at least a dozen speaker lines under my belt, I can never stay satisfied with what I have after I have heard something better. As my budget dictates what I can spend, I upgrade within my means. I auditioned these speakers with some of my favorite C D's and was struck by the clarity of sound, spatiousness and imaging I was hearing. I was hearing detail in the recordings that simply gave the music life. I was hooked and brought them home. After 5 months of listening I decided to compliment them with a pair of the Veritas 2.2i's and the 2.0i centre channel as well as the Veritas Subwoofer. It is an incredible sound system package. I upgraded to a very high end Yamaha RX-V2700 reciever. I wish I could have afforded to do that earlier.They sounded great before, but I can tell you that a decent amp/ reciever will make these speakers shine in all thier glory. When I sit and listen to well recorded material I am so immersed in it I sit and listen as if hypnotized, I can't move, I feel like I am at the recording studio.

Purchased At:   Crazy Crazies Electr

Submitted by KK a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 2, 2007

Bottom Line:
I've gotten these wonderful speakers for about 6 months and been very happy about their performance. Although I am not using an exotic amplifier for the speakers (right now Denon AVR 5700), i got a decent bass response, lovely uncolored midrange and sweet highs. I am planning to upgrade my amp to extract better performance of the speakers. That's how revealing and good these speakers are. The soundstage is deep, solid, focused and laid-back type. If you are looking for more forward image, these speakers may not suit your taste.

Purchased At:   Audiogon