Energy Speaker Systems Veritas V2.1 Bookshelf Speakers
Description: For music lovers looking to upgrade the performance of your system without drastic investment, the Energy Veritas V2.1 bookshelf speaker system is just for you. Energy Veritas V2.1 is attractively designed, compact and versatile for big sound in a small room. Think of it as your speakers, or the perfect compliment to your weekend getaway residence.

Submitted by Eric Thomas a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 19, 2009

Bottom Line:
Price Paid: $350 for these with stands Pold PSW and Enger Connoisseur C-R1
I'm selling the Polk for $100 and the C-R1s are worth at least $50
SO Price Paid:$200!!!

Summary:
So I have been using my C-5 for movies and got then saw these. First impressions are the build quality is amazing! Among the best of the best. These are rock solid bricks attached to cast iron based stands. All in all they are some of they most beautiful speakers I have ever owned. Mine are the cherry veneer. started out hooking them up as normal but then decided to use the bi-wire option as my amp does support. It's not night and day but it is dusk and night. The highs open up and the bass is present at all volumes. The overall presents and projection of the speakers is better and clearer. Well designed crossover!!! When comparing them to the C-5 I was amazed as they surpassed in every way. I have not hyet hooked these up to my NAD amp to see if they beat of match the bass output of the C-5s. The mids are amazing in a word. The bass tight accurate. I would put these on par with at least the $1000 to $1500 mark of what you can buy now for full range bookshelfs. I will be searching out and entire Veritas line for my HT.

Strengths:
Projection Imaging and. On of the best I have ever heard on a bookshelf.
Clear accurate reproduction of music and movies. Little distortion even at high volumes.

Weaknesses:
I didn't get the 2.2 or the 2.3i :(

Submitted by jl1 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 25, 2003

Bottom Line:
Well, I got a really good deal on a pair of these a while back because they were on close out. I have to say I'm very impressed (especially for the price I paid!). Nothing in that price range is comparable in build and sound quality. These replaced my Paradigm Monitor 5's, which got moved to my bedroom. As for the previous poster stating that it's not as detailed as the B&W 602...he's smoking crack! I had also owned a pair 602's but ended up selling them for the Monitor 5's. IMHO the Monitor 5's were much better! Anyways, I digress....I love these speakers!

Purchased At:   too late I got the l

Submitted by gelo7 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
The finest technology.......The Veritas series are the flagship of the Energy loudspeakers,the 6 1/2 woofer on each speaker utilize two voice coils wound in opposite directions to reduce distorsion levels and improve linearity,also the pole piece and the phase plug are manufactured from solid aluminum which draw heat away from the voice coil increasing power handling and reducing woofer distorsion.The woofer's cone has a stippled surface that help break up standing waves.There is also a bolt through the woofer that prevent the woofer's magnet structure from moving which again reduces distorsion and increase midrange accuracy,the bolt also acts as cabinet bracing between the front and rear baffles of the enclosure(the enclosure is made of Medium Density Fiberboard and is assembled by hand and use an internal brace to increase strength and rigidity).The speakers use a flared port on the back(flared ports exhibit less power compression than do straight ports).The top of the cabinet is covered in a matt black rubber compound to damp any coloration from the surface.As you can see Energy spent considerable time researching before design these speakers.Now,how good do they sound?In my opinion they outperform anything in its price range.See Strenghts and Weaknesses.

Purchased At:   www.audioadvisor.com

Submitted by tentimestwenty a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 5, 2003

Bottom Line:
I wanted to post a follow-up review now that I've listened to these for almost a year. Everything I thought about my original review is still true, yet these speakers have sweetened and filled-out noticeably. I cannot emphasize how good a bargain these are and just how much high end sound they provide. I've listened to many, many speakers from Quads to JMLab Grande Utopias and these little bookshelf speakers compare favorably. There is NOTHING of the same dimension or price (save for perhaps the Epos M12) that compares. In a smaller room, you can be assured that this will be a very satisfying long-term purchase. The best part of the deal is that you can continue to upgrade your source and hear every improvement along the way. Some may pass up this lesser known Canadian company in favour of the big names, but the engineering, finish, price and most of all sound should win over anyone who auditions them.

Purchased At:   AudioShop.on.ca

Submitted by CptTripps a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
I purchased a pair of the the "2.1e" (non-Veritas) speakers on eBay last month for a song. (pun intended) All I was looking for was an inexpensive replacement for my C-4s so I could move them from my tv-room to my listening room. I had purchased the C-4s for a system that I had been building up over time. So I was REAL bummed when she wanted to keep the C-4s downstairs...anyways.

After about 2 weeks of being REAL happy with my 2.1es upstairs, I decided to grab the C-4s one night while she was on call. I was stupified when I stacked them next to eachother. I liked the 2.1es better. I'm fortunate enough to have the older ones with the silk-dome tweeter. Low bass, great midrange, crisp highs. I'll be using these for quite some time in my listening system. If you can find the 2.1e, get it. It'll be the best speaker for that price you'll find.

Purchased At:   eBay