Energy Speaker Systems Veritas v1.8

Submitted by Mraudio a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2015

Bottom Line:
I bought these today based on the reviews that were on this post and they are absolutely the best sounding speakers that I have come across. I have had more audio equipment over the years than allowed by law. These replace my sacred KEF 104.2 speakers which I have had for the last 5 years.(longest run so far!) These make the KEF pale into insignificance. The bass on these are tremendous, vocals are superb. These do everything right, hands down. It is like a veil has been lifted on my system! I purchased these today at Pawn Exchange for $500 and it is probably the best bargain that I have had so far in my audio endeavors. If you are able to come across these do not hesitate take them home and you will have immediate gratification.

Submitted by dude9091 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 21, 2009

Bottom Line:
Wow... truly amazing. Only word to explain these speakers. The instant impact of these speakers was truly stunning. Previously I had owned the Paradigm 11Se mk3's, Vandy 2c's, Energy RC 70's, PSB 60T's, Mission 763's, and a slew of others, too many to count. I've come across the famous 803 series from B&W or the silver stratus and stratus Gold from PSB. I've listened to the Martin Logans, the Paradigm studio 100 series... you get the picture. I have simply named these speakers as a reference in hopes that my high praise for the 1.8's might show, to each and every person who auditions and purchasees a set of these, how impressive these speakers truly are. You can instantly tell concerning the million dollar tweeter in these suckers or the smooth as silk mids. But it really is the bass, soundstage and "mmpphhhh" that stunned me about these puppies. So much so that I have proclaimed to my wife that these are my holy grail of speakers, I have made a commitment to never sell these for as long as I own audio equipment. I stand by that, and will to the end.
There is not a better speaker under $5000...PERIOD.
Honestly, for those who have the oppurtunity to find a poor sap willing to let these go, jump on them and don't look back. I've made good and bad decisions with audio gear, but with these, these are my best decision yet. They will become your standard of great speakers in every aspect, for the rest of your listening enjoyment.

Submitted by Robert Weaver a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2004

Bottom Line:
The only descriptive word I can come up with is wonderful. Bass is tight and unbelievable, I don't even have to use my dual Energy 10" subs (currently unplugged). The highs and mids are better than anything I've heard at any where near this price range ($4000.00). Specs are 32Hz to 33kHz which is conserative as they go much, much lower. A great pair for SACD in stereo and multi-channel if you use the Veritas center (V2.0C) and surrounds/backs. Backs (V2.0R) can be used as mono-pole for SACD listening and truly mate well with the V1.8's as mains. I would reccomend checking out a used pair as prices have come down, what a deal I got on like new piano blk 1.8's.

Purchased At:   E-Bay

Submitted by Comeau a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
These speakers rank up there with the best.
At the original retail $4300 (High Gloss Black), I would still consider these a good deal.

Fortunately I paid far less than that and I am very pleased with their performance.
These are a beautiful gloss black finish making them a real eye pleaser as well.

Purchased At:   Second Hand HIFI

Submitted by HeyMario888 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
These speakers are IMHO truly wonderful sounding. Very musical, smooth, great dynamics and soundstaging, and plenty of details without being overly analytical. Just make sure to give them plenty of space from the rear (at least 36"), otherwise, the bass will be way too much and will overpower the mids and the highs. BTW, I listened to my friend's setup which consists of the $18K Avalon speakers, $10K Krell monoblocks, $5K Marantz SACD, $10K DAC which I forgot the name brand, and $10K speaker cables and interconnects. Except for the ability of this system to go very loud without falling apart and presenting a truly huge soundstage, I feel that my system held it's own pretty well. If you are looking to purchase speakers in the $1000-$4000 price range, make sure to at least try listening to these speakers. Right now, I'm using the Sony SCD-333ES SACD player, an Adcom GFP-750 preamp (very detailed and very tight bass lines), and a Parasound HCA-1500A power amp (the high damping factor provides very tight bass control). Interconnects are the Harmonic Tech silver coated copper cables and Tara Labs Prime-1000 for speaker cabling.

Purchased At:   eBay