Energy Speaker Systems Take 2

Submitted by raydamonster a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2002

Bottom Line:
I chose these speakers after a few months of searching for the right surround speakers. I heard about these through the internet and decided to find a dealer who carried them. Although I had to drive 1-1/2 hours to listen to them, it was worth the trip. I was impressed with the clarity of sound coming out of such small speakers. I sampled them using music, because, generally speaking, if speakers make music sound good, then DVD should be good too. Vocals were warm and not tinny. When integrated with a sub, these speakers perform well, handling whizzing bullets, helicopters, thunder, coliseum crowds--you name it. I really enjoyed the "Monsters, Inc." trailer. The hair on the back of my neck stood up because the dog barking behind you sounds so realistic. The pair I bought is glossy white, which blends them into our basement's white walls and ceiling. (You just have to make sure you wipe them clean of fingerprints after handling them.) I got the matching adjustable mounting brackets to secure them to the wall. The 5-way binding posts make hookup a breeze. Thumbs up for the Energy Take 2.

Purchased At:   Planet Audio (Davenp

Submitted by Bob Colburn a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
My 1st priority was HT, 2nd music. I listened to many different speakers, BA MicroReference 9000, M&K K-5, Bose. I was really impressed with the BAs but did not like the rears, I needed to mount from the ceiling. I already had a good center channel. I chose two sets of the Take-2 and purchased the M&K K-9 sub-woofer. The M&K sub was much cleaner and more powerful than the Energy. You do need a sub with these speakers. My receiver is the Yamaha XV900.

I admit I was diappointed with the immediate results, but after a break-in period of about a week the sound was awesome. Very clean response even when cranked. Best bang for the buck in my book!

Purchased At:   Barretts

Submitted by Frank Carlson a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2000

Bottom Line:
For the money these speakers cannot be equalled in terms of
performance, flexibility and joy of hearing clear music.
Try to find as good a sounding speakers at $150 anywhere!

The black speaker box is pleasing in it's appearance and unlike home theater in a box speakers - does not look the slightest bit cheap or flimsy in construction.

The Take 2's built-in crossover includes a 90-Hz high-pass filter that removes the strain of deep bass from the little satellite in order to squeeze as much dynamic response as possible out of its 3 1/2-inch carbon-graphite bass/mid driver that crosses over at 2.5 kHz to a 3/4-inch multi-laminate Hyperdome tweeter. Use a subwoofer to fill in the sound less than 90 HZ.

Purchased At:   Sound Distributors (Take 5 + 8" Sub)

Submitted by N.L. Martin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2000

Bottom Line:
Demo Models - Best value in the universe if you can get them at a cost 5 times the price I got them for...(pricing error in store & rookie sales clerk didn't know better). Sound is perfect for the bedroom theater set-up, due to the lack of bass, but very clear audio above 70kHz.

Purchased At:   Best Buy Audio

Submitted by William Fong a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2000

Bottom Line:
Beautifully matching my Front speakers (Sonus Faber Grand Piano).. The "Take 2s" are styled in piano black, and are great little rear speakers. Though , only had them for a few days. Will fully run them in and tell ya about it!