Energy Speaker Systems C-300
Description: <ul> <li>System Type: Bass Reflex, Rear Vented</li> <li>Frequency Response: 40Hz-20kHz +/- 3 dB</li> <li>Recommended Amplifier Power: up to 125 watts</li> <li>Sensitivity (anechoic): 89dB</li> </ul>

Submitted by vjw a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 28, 2011

Bottom Line:
I have always had great success with Energy speakers, from their budget priced Encore to their top of the line Veritas. However, this speaker could only be purchased online, so live auditioning was not possible. With the success I had with Energy, I didn't think that I could go wrong with purchasing another pair, unseen and unauditioned. Boy, was that a big mistake! When they arrived, I immediately hooked them up with great anticipation. After over a year of listening to them, I can honestly say they are the most horrible sounding speakers that I have ever encountered. A total waste of money and time unpacking them. They were only marginally better than the TV speakers. And I mean only marginal. This is my last purchase from Energy. I don't think they have the capability to manufacture quality speakers anymore.