Dynaudio Contour T2.5
Description: Two-way floor standing loudspeaker. Front-ported bass-reflex.

Submitted by quickxotica a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2005

Bottom Line:
These speakers are awesome. Best I have ever heard. I cannot imagine ever needing to "upgrade".

I have owned these for over a year. I listen to vinyl, CDs and DVDs (2-channel, no sub needed) through them, probably totalling 10 hours per week. I have never had any second-thoughts. These are keepers. Too bad they are no longer made.

I bought these after auditioning a bunch of B&W and Paradigm speakers. I had grown up listening to old B&W 802s, but the newer B&Ws sound way too harsh (with peircing over-emphasis of the high frequencies). Compared to the current line of B&Ws these Dynaudios are so much more neutral and enjoyable. If you are looking for detail and accuracy and dynamics, but hate the fatiguing screech of exaggerated tweeters, then Dyn's may be right for you.

Hint: when auditioning speakers take your time... some brands seem designed to sound bright and detailed because at first (ie. in the showroom) they will sound more exciting and "better" than other speakers.. but at home, after listening for more than 30 minutes, you will find yourself lowering the volume because that piercing high frequency bias will start to annoy you. By contrast, with these Dynaudios, you just want to turn the volume up, even hours into a listening session, because they simply sound so "real"... the music has it's intended emotional impact without the speaker imposing any color. The speaker disappears and the music stands on its own... as intended.
Believe it... these are that good.

Submitted by Ryan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2001

Bottom Line:
K, actually I only listened to these for a couple hours in a listening room at a local dealer. I just thought I'd take some time to throw up a review, since these haven't been reviewed yet.

I listened to these babies on a Linn Integrated amp and a Linn CD player. I don't remember the model of either one of those, but the amp retailed for around $1800 and the CD player was right around $1000.

I loved the sound from these. I haven't heard much of Dynaudio's stuff yet, but I was definitely impressed. They are floorstanding, yet compact, so they would work incredibly well for small to medium rooms. I'm guessing the bass would be lacking in a large listening area. Balance seemed to be one of the most respective things about these speakers, since I could not complain about lack of treble, bass, or midrange in any respect. Additionally, I was extremely impressed with the accuracy, particularly in music dynamics. Volume variations experessed by artists in things like voice and guitar could be easily detected with these speakers. I listened to a wide range of music, and was impressed with how every type sounded. I haven't tried any particulary heavy rock or rap, but classical, jazz, light rock, and country music all seemed to pick up it's very own personality with these speakers. Compared to other speakers in this price range, you should definitely listen to these or similar Dynaudio's before making a purchase. This might be the sound you're looking for. Very accurate, very fun, check them out.