Dynaudio Contour 3.3
Description: Floor standing 3 way, 4 driver system

Submitted by mithu a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2009

Bottom Line:
not very involving in comparing to pmc ib2. vocal is ok but did not feel tha i am grabed by the music which i felt in pmc ib2. more oever it lacks the detail in bass it does not go depper which i felt having boiled egg without salt. and i think its over priced and for this price there are lot of speakers which will perform better that this dyn.

Submitted by ckazanci a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2007

Bottom Line:
I first bought Dynaudio Audience 80's. I was really impressed and upgraded to Contour 2.5 T's. Although the detail was great, I was not satisfied with the lows on 2.5's. When I saw a good deal on these, I jumped in. They are great, but not worth the huge price difference between the Audience 80's, in my opinion. I will downgrade to Audience 80's at some point. I will not call Contour 3.3's over-priced, but maybe Audience 80's are over-performing. Associated equipment was Arcam A85 and very nice 14 gauge cables.

Submitted by Kenneth Bjerkan a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2007

Bottom Line:
I just bought this pair from a friend of a friend. I got at 1/5 of the original listprice in Norway.
I have had a lot of speakers the last 15 years, from CW to KEF. But this is the most rewarding and capable of them all. And yessir, they can boogie.

Purchased At:   Private seller

Submitted by bappy a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2006

Bottom Line:
This is my second review on Contour and probably the last one. It is sweet and emotionally involved with music. It has an extra ordinary vocal which I love most, again sweet and very natural vocal. Beautiful imagination and huge and I must say again huge soundstage. I do not know whether everyone who has this speaker is getting the same effect like I am getting. As Aero is doing a wonderful job and Contour is playing them with ease.

If you can find one pls do buy them, as they are worth buying. I have some friend’s come over to review this speaker, and they all uses at least 10K speaker. They all agreed that Contour is a wonderful speaker; they can’t even believe their ear.

Since I wrote about Contour last time I have upgraded my system in many ways. Now my system is as follows:

Source: Audio Aero Capitole Reference SE
Online UPS for Power.

Purchased At:   Rich Heart, Dhaka

Submitted by bappy a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2005

Bottom Line:
It is an amazing speaker without any doubt. Outstanding performance. It has full control over the music you play. Most of all for $4,400 it is a steal. It was $7,000 before. It should be priced over $10,000. I did not heard many good speakers but a few and among them are Swan, PMC, OB1 & 2, IB2, Herbet etc. And frankly speaking none of them are even come close to Contour 3.3 in overall performance. Pls do not forget among them, some are over $10,000 speaker. I maybe wrong but this is my honest judgment on Contour. I have had this speaker for only three days and it is still burning, do not know what will happened after full burn in.

I am driving them with the following component:

CD Player: Marantz SA8400
DAC: Benchmark DAC 1
Pre: Krell KSL 2
Power: Bryston 4B SST
Speaker Cable: Ocos with Eichmann Banana.
Digital Cable: Slinkylinks
Interconnects: Guarilla Audio
Power Line : Amoco Online Conditioner.
Power Cable: Harmonic Tech AC Pro II (With Power, Pre and Dac.)
And a Osonic Power cord with Pre.

One thing I must say that Dyna needs power to sing, that I have learnt while using Dynaudio Audience 70. You give them adequate power and they will sing for you.

This is my first review (It is more like appreciation rather than review) on Contour 3.3 and I will write a another one after burning up. But tell you what, I believe my search for the right speaker is over, as you all know that people like us will never stop searching for good sound.

Thank you Dynaudio for outstanding work and pls do keep up with good work. They have a new Contour serious now and I wonder how they will sound.

Purchased At:   Dynaudio Dhaka Deale