Dynalab Audio Technologies SDA 2.8
Description: Duel 8" Floor-standing 2-way Tower Speaker Utilizing a 4th Order Butterworth Ported Design - 15 Watts RMS Amp Power, 200 Watts Music Power, 8 ohms, 91B 1W/1M, 100dB, 39-22,000 Hz (+-3dB), 12/6 dB per octave, 4,000 Hz crossover, 2-8" " High Modulus" Bi-Lamented Cone Butyl Rubber Surround, 1 1/2" Dia. High-temp Voice Coil, 24 oz. High Strength Ceramic Magnet, 13mm Titanium Coated Dome Computer Opt. Phase Dispersion Ring Tweeter, all in a wood black veneered finished ported cabinet.

Submitted by Darren a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2012

Bottom Line:
I bought my dynalabs from the back of a van as all have metioned on this site, i was a little skeptical but they looked the real deal so i took a chance and paid 600 au for the 2.8 series. These speakers kick arse and i forgot to mention i bought them in 2000, yep 12 years old and still going strong. I was cranking them last night and i think the tweeter in 1 might be blown but i cant complain, ive been using an onkyo amp the same age and its been a great match, they both can handle the loud stuff with great bass and the tweeter brings a good pitch.

Does anyone know where i can get some legit parts for dynalab from, i want to see if i can get a new tweeter.

Submitted by crankitup a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2011

Bottom Line:
I have had these speakers for years now and they just flat out crank. Nice full deep bass, nice high range. Lacks a bit maybe in the midrange but they never distort on me no matter how high I crank em. I think the problem some are having is possibly a gross mis-match in receiver/amplifier and the speaker itself.
I also have JBL's, Marantz (with hugh woofers), Infinity's, and a very expensive pair of Polk's with built in sub-woofers. The Dynlab's I got just plain rock my weight room. This is not a BS story, they are excellent sounding speakers and can handle the punch. I must have got the good ones........."turn it up"!!!!

Submitted by Leader a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2011

Bottom Line:
Thanks to the many recent white van reviews I practically stole a pair of authentic dynalabs on eaby for well under $40 for the pair and tested them with a fairly descent high end 6.2 Kenwood VR6060 theater reciever. These dynalabs rock and bump hard with solid full bass. No subwoofer is needed with these Dynalabs! Plus I still have two Kenwoods 1050SW sigma series 10" subs that I set aside just in case I want to hook up 6.2 SB rear subwoofers in my theater. I did a side by side to comparison test with Boston Acoustics CR95 that I have in the same size and weight cabinets. Both were equal in sound quality and cant tell which ones are better. I seperated 10 feet apart boston on one side and dynalab on the other in mono facing each other like head phones and sat in between to preform my final comparison testing 100w RMS. The Dynalabs have a little bit more bass because the vent is in the front and bostons vents are in the back. I think the tweets are equal as they sound the same for clarity without any shrill and just right but I am going to give bostons the lead on tweeters as they do sound a little bit better to cover the high range but keeping in mind the strong bass in dynalabs could be whats slightly overpowering the highs. Now I read the reviews before I bought the dynalabs so off the bat I expected to get them only for the cabinets to build my den system with. These were not even close to what people described as they were very heavy and grilles were much better in quality than expected. The cabinet wall thickness is 3/4 inch thick as you would expect to find in a descent quality cabinet. So before testing I opened them up because I read what people were finding in the white van counterfits. I found both woofers were identical with very large 20 ounce magnets so I knew these are very descent quality woofers!
I built my own infinity reference series 850w subwoofers boxes 2 for my truck with 2 extra Rockford punch subs p1s48 in my rear doors with 6 infinity kappa series 2 way all powered by alpine with 6 rockford 1 farad capacitors to save the battery and give my unit maximum punch. I use to custom install car stereos and install systems in private jets to exceed ISO 9001 specs . Before that I worked for Huges Aircraft building F18 radars systems and missles so I have Mil, Nasa and weapons spec certifications for electronic connections. In other words nobody is better than me with electronic connections. Now you know the level of whos giving this review! The magnets on these dynalabs woofers are the same size as the rockford fosgate 8 inch subwoofers I have 20 oz. The tweeter looks like 10 ounce. The crossover is quality on a circut board with two coils and the large white resistors are mil spec grade 5w ceramic with capcitor. The white van reviews say the tweeter crossover is nothing but a loose capacitor to the tweeter and no circut board. So this tells me I have the real authentic $1300 dynalabs SBA 2.8.
I have seen the insides of many quality 200w floor standing speakers so I know magnet size is not a factor for example technics sb2800 series 8 inch woofer has a dinky 5 ounce magnet but still sounds amazing with very deep bass and can handle 200w peak which is puzzling but true. Kenwood sigma series 10" subwoofers use 10 ounce magnets. So what I am saying these dynalabs woofers not oly sound great but look like they will handle a 200w peak. I figure from my tests and inspections I have the real dynalabs, So I figured it would be very helpful for those people buying from ebay to have a recent review with a authentic pair of tested and fully inspected Dynalabs. Your looking for 3/4' cabinet walls that can be measured from the back. The grille should appear to be descent quality and if possible look in the vent for a black 1 inch thick padding glued to the back. All inside inspections to be done with the bottom woofer removed only. Do not remove the crossover or anything else to inspect it. If possible use a camera with flash to see what you got. I did not want to risk damaging my receiver with possible fakes so thats why I inspected before testing. Also remember that counterfits were made after the real dynalabs were made so look beyond the white van reviews for reviews about authentic dynalabs SBA 2.8

Submitted by christen gordon a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2011

Bottom Line:
i just stumbled on to this site. and what can i say.. obviously i was approached by the same people in the van. 600 dollars. obviously payed to much. and there not what i thought they were. But hey, they have lasted 10 years. Yes the sound quality does vary, some times good some times bad, depending on what sort of amp or sound source used. At the end of the day, there not to bad really. You could pay a lot more for a mini system or some other speakers, that wouldnt necissarily be anu better.

Submitted by ddogowar a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 8, 2010

Bottom Line:
I received these speakers as a gift from a friend, and unlike most other people here, I love them. I have to believe that everybody buying speakers from people on the street just haven't figured out some of life's little lessons yet. WHY would you buy speakers from a stranger on the street?! There are obviously a lot of stupid people still running around I guess. These speakers, (the ones I have), kick ass pretty good! I have used them with different amps and in different settings and I have cranked them up as loud as they will take it. (pretty loud) No problems at all. It's quite obvious that there are some FAKES out there......apparently LOTS OF FAKES with LOTS of STUPID PEOPLE BUYING THE FAKES. They are no match for my 901's, but they thump pretty hard. I'll keep my eyes peeled for the guys in the white dynalab van, hahahhaha!!! Then I'll roll 'em up and call the cops on the theives for you idiots that buy speakers from people on the street.