Dogg Digital Audio 1400-SL Series
MSRP  1999.00
Description: Front Woofer Driver: 2 x 6.5" Aluminized Cones Side Woofer Driver: 10" Aluminized Cone Tweeter Driver: 1" Silk Fiber Cone Frequency Response: 28 Hz – 20 kHz Biwireable: Yes Sensitivity: 91 db, 1w, 1m Impedance: 8 Ohms Power: 30 –350 watts each Max-SPL: 107 db

Submitted by Tish a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2010

Bottom Line:
Just bought them from a rumage sale . Never been out of the box . Sound great up to about 2/3 then gets alittle distrorted . But the warrenty says to take care of play at moderste levels . I think that we found a treasure and plan on alot of good listening .

Submitted by Cosmin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2009

Bottom Line:
I have a payer of speakersfor 5 years now and I can rate them at 5 being best I think they are very good quality if you combine them with the wright cables and system.

Submitted by Bnolanjr a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2009

Bottom Line:
Fortunately unlike many of the people here I didnt purchase my from the guys in the white van. I got 2 pair from Ebay for around $27.00 for all 4. (wouldnt have paid more after reading and researching them). I was curious as to how they sounded. (currently using a vintage pair of Pioneer CS-G403's/ and a newer Pioneer VSX-815 amp). I was surprised after hooking them up, they didnt sound half bad. Not as good as my current speakers but not too far from it. (not enough bass/too much highs). I would be careful though because they are definately NOT worth more than $20 -$40 if that much. they look good but for a higher price I would buy something much better. Guess I was one of the lucky one's.

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by drunkinone a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2006

Bottom Line:
It seems most people that have these speakers got them in a parking lot. Alot of people were scamed... The ones I got happened to be ok. Others (so I've read) have gotten either non functional or broken speakers. They are a knock off of the speakers built by Precision Transducer Systems.

Purchased At:   parking lot

Submitted by James Richardson a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2004

Bottom Line:
I recently visited my friend's house and noticed his new pair of Dogg Digital loudspeakers. Apparently, he bought them at Cosco for 50% off. From far away, they seemed like really expensive speakers. I looked in the back of the speakers and noticed gold plated bi-wire connectors.

I've never heard of the name before, so I asked my friend to play a few tracks. The first thing I noticed was the terrible treble. It sounded absolutely horrible. It's true that these speakers could handle a lot of power. However, when you magnify crap, you only get more crap.

At first, I thought it was the CD, so I changed CD's. This new track had more bass. The bass out of these speakers were better than the treble, but it was still far worst than those cheap car stereos you hear in the street.

The conclusion was that my friend got totally ripped off. I went online and did a search. After I read a few of these reviews, I just had to write another to warn others not to waste their money on this. You would be better off if you spent your money on mass-market low end equipment. They would actually sound a lot better than these speakers.

Purchased At:   Friend's house