Definitive Technology BP 2000TL
Description: BiPolar - 15" Woofer, (4)6.5" Mids and (2)1" Tweeters

Submitted by SKMP123 a Audio Enthusiast

Submitted by samykperez a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 6, 2010

Bottom Line:
Revision 1 of 34. Price paid 1900 Summary: I bought these loudspeakers that treble speaker paid to the complete price ($2.9k) in escaparate/el. They convinced its wife that was too great and needed ugh compact sytem of Bose…. They are constructed as the tanks in 120 pounds by each…. . I can literally balance currencies of ten cents in these loudspeakers when they are in the complete force. The overflows, mids, under are all wonderful. This one is a loudspeaker that demands a certain energy nevertheless…. even in 91db… as soon as they sound better with my amperes of solid state of high power that do with 35 a based ampere of the tube of watt EL34. This one is a loudspeaker that I will keep ..... and as they age, I will replace the ring…. they' re that good. Forces: solid like hell, great glances, overflows, mids, low points…. and they' re Deftech…. they are so very modest…. not produced more…. and the new matter of Deftecn is excrement. Weaknesses: No revisions, as transparent as my loudspeakers of high-sensitivity…. lol… that' s exceeds he.

Submitted by basshead a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 6, 2010

Bottom Line:
its the best speaker i have ever heard ,Some says its boomy at music but its not which speaker can give the bass like that,Definitive is the best bp 2000tl better than 10000 usd speakers

Submitted by dr bud a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2008

Bottom Line:
i am new to this as it is my first post.i know these are older speakers now.had them 3 or 4 years.def tech does tend to over rate things at times.yes they are efficient since the powered sub,but if you want to get the most out of them you do need to give them a good amount of power.200 wtts each is good.ifed them 500 each and was blown away.they took it and really came to life with out sounding harsh or stressed.i like the midrange.the top end could be a tad livelier.if you are an ultra bass freak that needs 20 hertz and under at big spls these imo still could use a stand alone sub.i use one.they are easy to listen to for long periods and overall sound pretty darn good for the price.yes,big soundstage,imaging and accurate.they are nice looking and for the price i really have no complaints.

Purchased At:   local retailer

Submitted by rasclaat a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 4, 2007

Bottom Line:
I only have one of these. I bought it at a swap meet cheap and decided to give it a twirl. I found out later you have to plug it in for the big one to go, so i octapussed a jumper from my neighbor's power wire and hooked her through to this hitachi all-in-one i tricked out (the model with the clock radio built in--the nice one). I have six other speakers hooked to it so I know the hitachi probably does not have the muscle to blow the 2000tl, but the sparks freaked me out at first. I quad wired it with heavy-guage bailing wire so that it fires on all cylinders and stoked the tape deck. I think this speaker made the deck eat the tape at first, but i sorted it out and played .38 special at top crank.

The big one was thumping and stuff, but it was producing real low sounds only so i punched a couple of pencil holes through the speaker part and it sounded way more sonorous after that. If you pop the real little one like a zit it will squeek weird but is more sing-songy in the long run. I decked the little ones with Optimus revamps i salvaged from this dude that was tossing them, and, though they do not fit too good, i find they open the sound a lot!

Even though I only have one and the back part is missing some stuff, I say you should get this one! It bangs way harder than some other guy's and with a few mods will even take out a big boy's supersystem!

I had my wife macrame a speaker sling for this unit and have it suspended about 6 feet above the floor right now but look out if you hit your head on it! This ape is solid. It bent a couple of bike hooks I was using to suspend it, and yet the holes from the celing tearing loose in a trio of false taps made easy access to lash it to a joist.

I say "get one."