Definitive Technology BP 10
Description: Two 25 mm moving coil, aperiodic dome tweeters; two 17 cm mineral-filled homopolymer-coned, cast-magnesium basket bass/midranges.

Submitted by Inasu Chirayath a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2012

Bottom Line:
I have been using KEF, Klipsch, Bose, Mordaunt Short, JBL, Mission, Polk Audio etc in the past but I became an instant fan of Definitive Technology from the day I bought the BP10. It's fantastic! I have connected it to a Denon amplifier and I use a Klipsch SW12 subwoofer which matches perfectly to my 2.1 set-up in my living room. Great sound and excellent value for money!

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by rick manzano a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2012

Bottom Line:
these speakers have been with since the mid 90's and has survived 8 moves and from honolulu to Nor Cal to So Cal. they still perform fantastic for music and HT. They went from being my front towers with BP8 as my rears. then when i had a large room I was given a pair of NHT VT 2 and moved my BP 10s to the rear. I have since moved and now my home theater and music room is smaller so got rid of the huge NHT's put my BP 10's back in front and purchased B&W 686 for my rears and switched out an old DF center channel with a HTM62. I have a DF PF 1500 powered subI sat and listened to the B&W 684 at Magnolia and hard pressed to give up my BP 10.
I went from Denon AVR 3805 to a Pioneer Elite SC 61. I am not a hard core Audiophile but I do enjoy good equipment on a middle of the road of budget. the BP 10's will most likely be around for another couple of years

Submitted by ren9328 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2009

Bottom Line:
I have owned a pair of BP-10s since buying them new in 1993. They are good speakers for some types of listening. I gove them a very good rating for home theater/surround sound applications. They do sound big and impressive and when I was in college and liked to play music stupid loud to impress my friends the BP-10s did it well.

Times change though, and my BP-10s have been gathering dust for for about seven years now. See back seven years ago I was doing some amplifier shopping, I really wanted to buy a Krell. Instead while at the audio shop I heard this incredible sound eminate out of a listening room so, thinking that these were some large speakers, I decided to take a look. To my astonishment they were small monitors (8x15x11) made by a company called Dynaudio, the model was the Contour 1.3.SE. The price was as shocking as thier diminutive stature at a staggering $3899.00 in Bird's Eye Maple! I ended up taking home a pair of the "standard Contour 1.3MkIs (an older model) for $1700.00 (MSRP $2399.00) with a pair of stands.

My wife was a bit shocked at my expenditure but got over her shock and anger upon hearing them. They bested the BP-10s in every subjective category except for bombaste. The Dynaudios image spectacularly, have a smooth refined treble, reproduce voices with stunning realism, guitar notes are reproduced with spooky realism and they produce solid bass bass with awesome pitch definition that completely belies their size. It didn't take long to come to the conclusion that the Contours were something very special and I was a bit upset that I did not buy them years earlier. Yes, Dynaudios are pricey but you get what you pay for a speaker handcrafted in Denmark with ALL drivers made in house and impeccable build and sound quality.

I am not here to cutdowm the Definitive BP-10. I was happy with mine for many years but at a cost many better speakers can be had. Not just a litte better but light years better. If you are stuck with a really lousy room layout and or want speakers for movies or casual listening the BP-10s may be good. For serious music listening look elsewhere.

Submitted by illpromusic a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2009

Bottom Line:
I have had a lot of speakers and these are pretty good! They have a large sound and really fill every corner of the room. Can turn a small room into a large theater. Love them!

Submitted by r1987corvette a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 18, 2008

Bottom Line:
I have had numerious speakers in my lifetime and these are the best i have ever had i like base in my music and i have all seven speakers that are the same brand and people come over and watch movies and they say its better than the theater. When i purchased them they told me that i didn't have tohave a sub woofer but i got one any way and im glad i did . I also have a Pioneer VSX-84 TXSi and what a difference , I guess you get what you pay for, i have allways had Pioneer products and will never change that they rock, and usually change them out every other year but after paying 1500.00 for the reciver i think i will keep it for longer. Also have a power cleaner with them .

Purchased At:   Ultmate Electronics