D-Box David 300
Description: Subwoofer

Submitted by rantraca a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2004

Bottom Line:
This is a follow-up of an overly enthusiastic review I wrote almost two years ago. I still think this sub is a good value for the money but it DOES NOT meet my expectations or the demands I place on it. I have recently taken this thing back to Costco and purchased a JBL E250P to replace it. The difference has been night and day! I no longer have distortion or popping on THX test screens, and the list goes on....Hence, if you expect consistently clean, powerful and undistorted performance from a sub because you know you're going to work it hard (like I do), then pass the D-Box over. There are many better subs out there!

Purchased At:   Costco

Submitted by Chad Haas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 12, 2003

Bottom Line:
This subis excellent value. I got a moderatly sized living room and the bass is great. The 12 inch subwoofer and 350 watts a/b class curcuitry runs cool and sounds great. Highly recommend this subwoofer. I bought the david 303 subwoofer.

Submitted by bpopman a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
for $249(Canadian dollars) compared to different specs of other subs, this is a steal... sounds great, i am not an audio freak so this is truly a cost conscious bargain, my friend works at a high end stereo place so he said I could not go wrong with this unit, said similair woofers will go for 500-700 CAD

A great deal, vive la Quebec..(sorry to hear you lost the F1 race.....)

Purchased At:   Costco Canada

Submitted by bpopman a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2003

Bottom Line:

A great deal, vive la Quebec..(sorry to hear you lost the F1 race.....)

Purchased At:   Costco Canada

Submitted by rantraca a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
Like almost everyone else who has purchased this product, I too bought my D-Box 303 at Costco. Great price and good reviews, for the most part, drew me to it. I hooked it up to work with my Paradigm 7se's, Titan surrounds and CC 370 as a rear surround.
In stereo mode I tinkered with the settings on the D-Box while playing various "test" tunes ranging from the 1812 Overture to 2112 Overture and others many and varied in between.
I am quite impressed with what I am hearing. After finally synching the crossover points with my existing speakers, the 303 works and sounds really crisp, clear and powerful at medium volumes. Higher volumes are a bit boomy in my listening room but more tinkering and tweaking ought to help.
For the price (as most others are saying) I am impressed with the way the D-Box has meshed with my system and am very happy with the "woofs".
Padme's ship sounds great on ATOC too.

Purchased At:   Costco