Cerwin Vega RL 18P
Description: Pair <li>RL-18P Description: 8" 3-way power tower with built-in subwoofer amplifier <li>Frequency Response (+/-2 dB): 35 - 20 kHz <li>Recommend Power: 20 - 150 watts <li>Amplifier Output: 100 Watts RMS (@0.05% THD) <li>Amplifier Features: <li>Variable woofer gain; line level input; speaker level input; 115/230 AC <li>Sensitivity: 92 dB <li>Impedance: 6 ohms nominal <li>Protection: AC fuse; self-resetting PTC <li>Video Shielding: Yes <li>Dimensions (H x W x D): 43 1/4" x 10" x 14 1/2" <li>Weight: 56.6 lb./25.6 kg <li>Finish: Black woodgrain vinyl

Submitted by Matt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 27, 2007

Bottom Line:
I was so excited to buy these towers, I don't run a huge system bose 301 fronts, vega center, vega RL 18P's out back all being fed by a 90 Watt denon. The first time I hooked up the RL 18P's I had them wired as fronts, with subs turned down to half and base setting on amp turned down to half, I blew one of the internal amps on the speaker after less than a minute. Cerwin Vega customer service assured me this was a very rare occurence and promptly replaced the speaker.
I used the speakers daily for the next six months without complaint, subtle room filling sound for casual listening and house rocking power for parties. Then I spent the better part of a year in a hospital and my speakers sat idle at home. When I returned home and started to use my sound system again I blew another internal amp only to learn that my warranty had expired, I found a replacement amp on ebay and was back in business (for a while) in less that 4 months I blew both amps and here I sit with no sub woofers in my system.

Purchased At:   local audio store