Cerwin Vega CVT-300S
Description: Bass Reflex - 15" Driver

Submitted by Bob a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2001

Bottom Line:
After a long search online,I finally found one of these babys new in a box. First thing that I noticed taking this thing out of the box,besides it weighing 100 pounds,Is the HUGE port on the back of the unit...I mean I could put my fist threw the dam thing! 2nd thing is the 15inch woofer with its 2 pound magnet mounted on the side of the cabinet. After inserting the spikes on the bottom, I set it up the same as the other woofers I once had. "Wow" is all I can say,this is a beautiful sounding speaker..very rich and deep with no boominess at all. Musical and detailed,yet explosions are powerful and felt deep in your chest. The amp is rated at 300 watts rms with a 450 watt peak..and it shows during bass heavy action. Im not sure if VEGA still makes this model,but I highly recommend it if you have the room ..(30 inches tall,13 inches wide,21 inches long).

Purchased At:   Pc Mall

Submitted by Jason Berg a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2000

Bottom Line:
Awesome , Intense , Resounding , Climatic , Stupendous ...
You will not be dissapointed ( at all ) !!!
I stole this sub @ $150.00 (us) since the place of purchase will no longer carry this product , but I would pay double or even triple that price for a sub of this magnatude . CV has always been at the top for subs and this one is no exception ! I truly encourage any of you thinking about buying this sub to just do it and then feel the joy as I am.

WOW ! - JUST BUY ONE (or two) !

Purchased At:   Fry's Electronics

Submitted by Richard Pingalore a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 25, 1999

Bottom Line:
When I opened the package, I was pleasantly surprised at what I saw. The woofer is huge, the port in the back of the cabinet is huge. It met and exceeded my expectations. I turned it on and put it at half volume. When my house started to shake I was pleasantly surprised. Only turn it up all the way if you want to break your windows.
The basss was tight and very well defined. The only problem
is the noise of my shaking windows is annoying and the auto off switch turns off after 9 minutes. That is a bit long.

Highly recomended. I got it for $399, about half msrp, from spider gear in huntington beach, CA.

Go to looksmart.com and go to shopping and consumer elect.
and go to audio, then retailers. The website should be under that.