Boston Acoustics Micro 90
Description: Two Lynnfield VR™ Satellites and Micro90pv Powered Subwoofer

Submitted by John a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
These are the best satellites that I've listened to and they sound even better now that I amped up to 100 watts-per-channel. The subwoofer, too, is excellent; it has also improved since I've added more power. The highs are crisp without sounding tinny and the lows are robust; only the midrange needs improvement -- it sounds slightly vacant. I use my system in conjunction with a pair of JBL bookshelf speakers, which provide the midrange that these don't. Perhaps a BA center channel would do the trick too. Overall, though, the sounds quality is excellent. Its a little package that provides a lot of punch. Ideal for someone who wants big sound without a big footprint.

Purchased At:   Bryn Mawr Stereo

Submitted by David a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 7, 2000

Bottom Line:
I was moving into a new house with a smaller TV room, so as a compromise with my fiancee, I decided to install some small wall-mount speakers in place of my floor-standing Infinity Reference 2000.4. I did a lot of research and auditioned several micro speakers (including one from Energy and Bose), but it came down to the Boston Micro90 vs. a Polk. The Boston won out because of its cost and its size. I already owned a Boston subwoofer, so I replaced my Infinity front and center with the Boston Micro 90x and 90c. The results are amazing. I did an A/B test and I could really hear the difference, mainly in the clarity of the sound. Even the bass seemed to sound better with the Bostons even though the Infinity is a much larger speaker. I got the front channel speakers for $150 each and the center channel for $200; for another $450 I could have gotten a matching subwoofer and surround speakers too.

All in all a great purchase.

Purchased At:   Good Guys

Submitted by JR a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought a Bose AM-10 home theatre system but was very unhappy with the sound and the cheap construction of the system. That was before I found this site. I was able to take them back and get this Boston system instead. What a difference. These things are so heavy they might kill a small child if it fell on them! The center channel speaker is crystal clear when watching DVD movies. The whole system sounds great with DVD or CD music. The bass is adequate but not as "booming" as I expected. Better than the Bose though!

Submitted by George S a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 28, 1999

Bottom Line:
I compared Bose, AR, BW, Micro 80's and a couple others I can't recall right now. (Selection is limited where I live) My wife and I were very impressed. They solved two problems we had. We wanted a nice set of speaker to augment our pair of older AR48S and they were off the floor and away from the kids. Satalites are built like tanks and sound great! Sounded better than full size speakers $400 over what I paid.

Submitted by David a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 21, 1999

Bottom Line:
Fantastic speaker. I fell in love with them the first time I heard them. In combination with the Boston VR2000 and the VRM60, you've got an inexpensive audiophile grade system!