Boston Acoustics CR 9
Description: 8" Woofer and 1" Tweeter

Submitted by Kip a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2014

Bottom Line:
I have been second hand speaker shopping for a couple months. I've heard speakers by Mirage,
NHT, energy and Infinity. Then I heard these boston acoustics cr9 speakers. Even though they were not even close to properly set up, the moment the music started, I knew I had found the sound I was looking for. Clear, balanced, and open with a great soundstage. They are in great shape, and I only paid $200 cdn.So happy with my find!

Submitted by baillyjs a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2010

Bottom Line:
I have just picked up a pair of CR 9's for 100$ and was wondering how they would perform as rears in a basic 6.1 system?

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by indranilmajumdar a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2009

Bottom Line:
I am not an an audiophile..so my comments are from a novice...

I have bought a Kenwood KA127 Integrated Stereo Ampifier (with surround sound) with a pair of CR-9 speakers all in mint condition..The user an old couple hardly used the systen; this gifted by their son, an engineer working in San Diego...they always found the system to blast off when they turned on the volume and were afraid to use this system..they lovingly used their DVD setup to listen to all their music and decided to sell of this system...A real bargain price, I got the whole system for USD100. On looking at the pair of speakers, I found them to be the CR-9...Incredibly clear Bass and mid range though I didn't find the high freq. cracking as such....

do you think this was a good bargain ????

Submitted by mark merkel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2004

Bottom Line:
I must concure with the other reviews I ahve read. I am currently selling equipment and upgrading my system. The Boston CR-9 are the only ellement I can't let go of. They are simply the best speakers I have ever owned and for the money, unbeatable. I also demo'd evrything for Klipsch, Infinity, B & W, polk, you name it. The CR-9 was the winner! Though the rest of my system is going I don't think I could improve upon the Boston CR-9.

Purchased At:   Good Guys

Submitted by ben a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2003

Bottom Line:
I don't have the money to be an audiophile, but I owned (and abused) these speakers throughout college. They were in my dorm room, then they were the main speakers in my house. We had parties constantly, and I cranked these suckers up to insane volumes. People often commented on how nice they sounded. I was happy to tell them that I got them for 250 at The Good Guys, I was even able to bargan some free monster cable and one of their expensive warantees.

However, during one particularly loud party, I had the bass up on my crappy kenwood reciever, and the speaker bounced itself off of our large mantel over the fireplace, breaking the speaker box. I was devistated. Unfortunately, the box was not covered by the warantee. I tried to fix it myself by dismanteling it and using plywood and glue, but it didn't work. There was some leakage around the woofer. Granted, I'm not much of a handyman.

Anyway, I have some infinity rs5 hand-me-downs, and the bass is better on those. But the Boston's sounded so much clearer. If you can find them used, or get a good deal on them, I reccomend doing so.

Purchased At:   good guys (open box)