Boston Acoustics CR 9
Description: 8" Woofer and 1" Tweeter

Submitted by D Arnold a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2015

Bottom Line:
I have been a very particular listener, and even owned an FM station because of my serious love of music. We recently downsized and wife won't let me use these big bookshelves anymore, and am struggling to sell them. I've built JBL speakers, had very large Infinity towers (great speakers my musician son now has), and listened to everything before buying the my Boston Accoustics CR6's. Although I've usually had a subwoofer with them, they hardly need any help. Every time I power up for some focused listening, I simply smile inside with enjoyment.

Submitted by Kip a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2014

Bottom Line:
I have been second hand speaker shopping for a couple months. I've heard speakers by Mirage,
NHT, energy and Infinity. Then I heard these boston acoustics cr9 speakers. Even though they were not even close to properly set up, the moment the music started, I knew I had found the sound I was looking for. Clear, balanced, and open with a great soundstage. They are in great shape, and I only paid $200 cdn.So happy with my find!

Submitted by baillyjs a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 18, 2010

Bottom Line:
I have just picked up a pair of CR 9's for 100$ and was wondering how they would perform as rears in a basic 6.1 system?

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by indranilmajumdar a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2009

Bottom Line:
I am not an an audiophile..so my comments are from a novice...

I have bought a Kenwood KA127 Integrated Stereo Ampifier (with surround sound) with a pair of CR-9 speakers all in mint condition..The user an old couple hardly used the systen; this gifted by their son, an engineer working in San Diego...they always found the system to blast off when they turned on the volume and were afraid to use this system..they lovingly used their DVD setup to listen to all their music and decided to sell of this system...A real bargain price, I got the whole system for USD100. On looking at the pair of speakers, I found them to be the CR-9...Incredibly clear Bass and mid range though I didn't find the high freq. cracking as such....

do you think this was a good bargain ????

Submitted by mark merkel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2004

Bottom Line:
I must concure with the other reviews I ahve read. I am currently selling equipment and upgrading my system. The Boston CR-9 are the only ellement I can't let go of. They are simply the best speakers I have ever owned and for the money, unbeatable. I also demo'd evrything for Klipsch, Infinity, B & W, polk, you name it. The CR-9 was the winner! Though the rest of my system is going I don't think I could improve upon the Boston CR-9.

Purchased At:   Good Guys