B.I.C. America VI-38
Description: <ul> <li><strong>Frequency Response: </strong>36HZ-23kHZ </li> <li><strong>Sensitivity: </strong>90dB@1 watt 1 meter </li> <li><strong>Amplifier Power: </strong>10-120 watts<strong> </strong></li> <li><strong>Drivers- </strong>8&quot; woofer, 2 1/2&quot; mid,&nbsp; 25mm concentric tweeter</li> <li><strong>3 year</strong> <strong>Warranty </strong></li> </ul>

Submitted by mdifanis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2006

Bottom Line:
Spectacular performer for the price!

Purchased At:   Buy.com

Submitted by dirknmary a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
Over the years I have accumulated numerous pairs of quality loudspeakers. Big boxes, no kids, everybody happy. Now they are in the way of kids and wife. Tried several satellite/subwoofer systems, till I installed the BIC VI38. The soundstage in very clear and open. Unable to pinpoint the speaker due to the infinite baffle design of the wall.
Best sub$500 transducer on the market: all you pay for is the actual driver, not the MDF box.

Purchased At:   buy.com

Submitted by Stephen Young a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2000

Bottom Line:
I needed a pair of in-wall speakers and I didn't want to pay a lot for them. I read several good things about B.I.C. speakers and found the VI-38 in-wall speakers at 1Cache.com for $149 for the pair plus shipping. Figuring that they couldn't be that bad for the price, I bought a pair. I have to say that I have been stunned at how good they sound. If I hadn't paid so little, I might be a little less impressed, but I can find no real flaws with these speakers. Sure, there are better (and more expensive) in-wall speakers out there, but you absolutely will not beat these speakers for the sound/price ratio.