B.I.C. America DV-62B Compact Shielded Speaker

Submitted by Nat Primus a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
I've had these speakers approxiamately one week, so I'm not as well prepared to offer a concise review of them as I could be.

So far, I've been nothing but pleased with their sound. The sound is very bright and guess what else guys...the bass response is excellent! LISTEN PEOPLE(those of you who have been saying in your reviews that the bass is weak)...THESE ARE BOOKSHELF SPEAKERS, NOT FLOOR-STANDING MODELS!!! They just so happen to be bookshelf speakers with a low-end of 43Hz! Compare that to most bookshelf speakers on the market.

Currently, I'm powering them with a 10-year-old Onkyo TX-904 receiver, which I will be upgrading soon to H/K AVR7000. Let's really talk shop at that point.

Submitted by A. Bargin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2000

Bottom Line:
This was 76 dollar a pair + shipping from Ubid (at this price should I get 5 of them?) investment that I knew must be a good one. I had given a pair of BIC 52s's to my gf some years back and had always liked their open natural presentation especially with smooth jazz and new age music. Very efficient they can be hooked up to any 'ol receiver and sound fine but with the low-priced DD receivers out there is the option of sending the highs to the main speakers and only the lows to your powered sub. making your system sound quite powerful. I have them hooked up to a Kenwood VR 307 in place of my usual PSB's and really enjoy their lively open sound. Bass is nice and tight with enough fullness in the midrange to hold their ground against them. For a starter speaker setup in a home theater I would recommend them highly. If by chance their not your cup of tea you can sell 'em or give them to your significant other. You won't get them back!

Submitted by Todd a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have been using my BIC DV-62B speaker for just about 6 months now and have had no problems or complaints. The thing I like best about them is that they are great for both movies and music. They are pretty shy on bass but then again they are bookshelf speakers. Coupled with a subwoofer these speakers are great for movies... especially where space is limited. One thing that impressed me was their imaging ability. All around just a great speaker for your average home theater set up.