Avalon Acoustics Sentinel

Submitted by AudiophileES a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
The Avalon Acoustics Sentinel edition loudspeakers are quite possibly the best loudspeakers in existence today. Though I am not privileged enough to actually own them, I have previously auditioned them and can personally attest to their beautiful performance. I might add that $90000 is not in fact "too much" for a pair of loudspeakers if they indeed bring the listener closer to the music. Though this might seem pricey to a “casual listener”, a true audiophile would pay any sum for an audio component that provides a more lifelike music experience. If you do not have the proclivity to understand this, then you should not be lecturing on what price is too high for a loudspeaker, or, for that mater, any other component in the audio reproductive chain. This, especially if you have never even actually heard that product perform!!!!!!!! In conclusion, if you do not truly understand the essence of the high-end audio experience, please leave the reviewing to those of us who do!

Submitted by Bart Koen a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
I am glad we can use computers right now.... I am deaf. I can communicate with email. Great product, I can feel the music !! We also use it for our bussiness ==> we re-build bathrooms and we always need to break the walls out first. With Metallica it is always successfull

Purchased At:   Mexico City black ma

Submitted by Jim a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
90,000 what, not U.S. Dollars I Hope!!!

Folks I am a Finish Carpenter and Stair Builder. Sometimes, for a Grand Staircase or "Grand" Grand Entry Door, It is the highest most outrageous bid that gets the contract.
If you or your significant other feels a need to tell others that you paid "BLAH, BLAH, BLAH$$$$$" for whatever "handcrafted" (doubtful) "masterpiece" (more doubtful) then go for it.
Incidentally, I did get the chance to "test drive" a pair of these speakers at a home cinema I built. Phenominal sound quality, but remember... Speakers REPRODUCE sound, and for 90K you buy quite a few concert tickets!

My speakers are one of a kind (I built 'em)
I have $1682.42 worth of drivers and electronics, and about $400 worth of wood MDF and other materials.
BTW YES!, Yes I'd put 'em up against these speakers any day as long as the same equipment was used to drive each.
(I use 2 Crown Microtech 1200's, and 2 Microtech 2400's. -Pro Sound reinforcement gear... but pretty good stuff for my budget!)
I could honestly see spending 15-20k on these speakers, but 90!!!
-C'mon!

Submitted by M.D. a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it. $92,000.00 for a pair of speakers!?

I wouldn't pay $92,000.00 for most houses...!?

I LOVE high-fidelity, but this is almost beyond belief.

For $92,000.00 one had better hear the voice of God every time one fires electrons through a pair!!!

Hummmm, I wonder what God would say about this?

I'm sorry for the criticism, but $92,000.00 is just bizzare...

Get help.

Submitted by Arthur canal a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2001

Bottom Line:
These speakers are the best you can buy, it took me years to save up, but since I have a amazing job, as the manager of IBM I can easily affored them as well as two others for rears. You cant get better sound then this, unlucky if you cant afford them. Ha ha ha ha you poors sods

Purchased At:   Richer sounds