Audiofile 830LR
Description: Basic floor speakers

Submitted by Mike Godar a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 26, 2014

Bottom Line:
Hello
Found a black finish pair at a local Goodwill for $15.00 First glance they look quality and the cabinets are heavy.Look similar to JBL towers.Did not think they were scam speakers at the time.That said, they are ok for the money
One tweeter was found blown
Overall they do not sound bad.Then again they do not reflect the product name. Pushed 50 watts full power and they handled the bass ok
Going to outfit the set with a set of tweets and they should sound better.
I buy and sell audio so plan to re-sell the pair for $60.00 for quick sale.Excellent starter speakers for new comers to the vintage audio experience
MG

Submitted by Kyle a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2014

Bottom Line:
So I hear that these are white van scam speakers, Everyone sits here and makes jokes about how crappy they are and stuff. Truth be told if you havent ever heard them or tested them out all of your opinions dont count for SH**... Anyways, I recieved my first pair of these "audiofiles lol" From my friends mom who found them in the trash, took em home and set em up, subs didnt work.... So I tore everything out of the box, It took a few hours of soldering but I rewired em, Chucked the old crossover that was in there, and hooked em up to my old A/V Pioneer pushin around 150 watts per channel on stereo. These things quake. Ive now had this pair PLUS another pair that I found in the trash. I put about 15$ into a set of 4 of these (solder iron, and solder), I havent had a single issue in the 5 goin on 6 years that I've had these and there still goin strong... The only thing that I will say is the craftsmanshift of the speaker boxes are half assed and the crossover that they have originally is junk I would definetly recommend these speakers to someone, Just dont pay over 100$ a pair unless you can check them out inside and out.

Submitted by Ismael Ruiz a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 11, 2013

Bottom Line:
Ok

Submitted by amazinghouse a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2012

Bottom Line:
I purchased these speakers without checking them out first. I know that's a stupid thing to do, but although they originally came into existence through a scam, I'm not unhappy. I bought them at a thrift store for $40.00 for the pair, and so far the sound is good. I do listen to classical music, but I'm not an expert that needs top of the line equipment.

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by dennis campo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2012

Bottom Line:
Was really surprised @ the quality of sound produced,heard em at a pawn storeand the 200 bux jumped outa my pocket, have been delighted with them ever since.I run em thru a Denon 4306ci with my B &W -602s and cdm-cnt(2) also Denon blu-ray,and Denon 5 disc carousel.these really hold their own.GreT audio for the price!