Audio Physic Yara
Description: <ul> <li>Recommended amplifier power: 20 - 120 Watts</li> <li>Impedance: 4 Ohms nominal</li> <li>Crossover points: 500 Hz, 6dB Octave</li> <li>Frequency response: 40 Hz - 25 kHz / -3 dB</li> <li>Sensitivity: 90 dB 1 W / 1 meter</li> </ul>

Submitted by Rontim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2008

Bottom Line:
I switched from KEF Q55 to iQ5 but was not satisfied with the sound, too lean, no real bass. I decided to spend a little more money and during a listening session in a Munich Hifi-shop, I came across the Audio Physic Yara (Classic II). These sleak speakers have an incredible detailed sound, good bass (for the size) and offer a broad soundstage and sound very natural, no loudness effects but rather audiophile. You can listen to them for hours without getting tired.
The build quality and finish have a very high standard and you get 10 years warrantee.
I have fitted them antispikes (audioplan) which improved bass (cleaner and a bit deeper) and especially voices even more. They stand approx. 70 cm away from the rear wall.
I am very satisfied with these amazing, rather unknown (to me, that is) speakers.

My other equipment: Rotel RA 1060 amp, Rotel RCD 1070 CD player.

Extremely good value for the money (5 stars), of course there exist better speakers, so overall 4 stars.

Purchased At:   HiFi Treffpunkt, Mun

Submitted by DPL a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 7, 2007

Bottom Line:
I recently purchased a pair of Audio Physic Yara's used on Audiogon. I've only had these a short time, but I can say these are great speakers. The words I would use to describe these are; accurate, balanced, detailed, and very musical. These are thin, floor standing speakers, but the sound is nothing but full. If you want a speaker that gives you detail and good bass, these may be for you.

I've heard lots of brands, did my research and I really like these. Great for jazz, vocals, and rock. But They really shine when playing jazz.

The rest of my equipment is:
Carver TFM-15 CB 100w amp