Audio Physic Virgo
Description: The tweeter is decoupled from the cabinet by a unique three point special rubber suspension The combination of high sensitivity and low shifts in the impedance curve make this speaker an easy load for amplifiers Stereophile "Class A Restricted LF" loudspeaker

Submitted by benita a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2009

Bottom Line:
Da Ich weder englisch beherrsche und die Lautsprechern sind aus Deutscland verfasse Ich in deutsch.

Aus Sicht der Vorführerin ist, und bleibt ,eine gewisse Anziehung gestattet. Diesbezüglich ist wohl reghaftes Eigenleben zu erwarten, mit oder ohne. Naja, vielleicht nicht das allerletzte in Sachen Dynamik oder Reibungsarmut aber nichtdestotrotz vollmundig und fabelhaft.
Als Ich meine Anlage entzündete mit den neuen Lautsprechern war Ich wie verbogen! Alle meine Erinnerungen waren wie verblasst - auch Farbenreichtum... Denkbar!!!
Je nachdem Musiksorte wollte Ich Vieles, Vieles höhren. Jazz, Klassik, Pop und Spielfreunde überall. Quasi wie Neugeborgen aber wie alt zugleich, mit schöneren farben (siehe oben!)

Starken: Vorführerische Farbenfröhlichkeit, sehr Wohl, Rhytmusgefühl für alle Musiken

Schwächen: Ungehemmte Darbietung von Details und Rhytmusgefühl, vielleicht eine sonderbare Einstellung Zuhause von Alle?

Mir zuliebe könnte Ich auch sex Sterne vergebens!!! Meine beste Rekommendationen!!!

Submitted by cs a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2007

Bottom Line:
I have listened and owned many speakers but none have ever moved me as much as the Virgo's. They will open the window for you to a musical odyssey. It is uncanny how they reproduce the soundstage. Everything falls into place. A truly satisfying product if I have ever owned one.

I believe the Virgos actually outsold every other Audio Physic models and that they have a tough time with their more expensive models because past the Virgo, the point of diminishing returns starts setting in.

In closing, if there is a speaker I'd choose to have on a desert island (price not withstanding), it will be the Virgo's. Yes they are that good (to me). Much as my addictive hobby prodded me to try other speakers, the Virgo's still occupy a permenant spot in my system. They are truly amazing.

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Submitted by Andres a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2005

Bottom Line:
This is a preliminary review because the short time I had used these speakers. But I am very impressed with the transparency, beautifull velvet highs, holographic sound, the desapearing act, and the highly detailed sound. The speakers are very impressive. I will write in the next months another review when I had hear more time the Virgo III. In this time I will have more thoughts about this system.

Purchased At:   na

Submitted by Bubbi a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2005

Bottom Line:
Bought these speakers (Virgo II's - with the gorgeous maple finish) without having auditioned them and solely went on all the reviews found on the Internet. Suffice to say, I'm glad I did so. The purchase price of the Virgo's was £875.00 (stirling), which is about 1/4 of the original price and I reckon that makes them a real bargain. These speakers are an absolute revelation with previous comments about them having a wide sound-stage and a holographic presentation being spot on. I run them through a Naim system and the sound can be best described as being sweet and yet having real authority. I am now re-discovering my Cd collection and once again enjoying recordings that I had previously neglected. Looks as if I will be sticking with these speakers for some time to come. Seriously, if you come across these on the second-hand market, don't hesitate....!

Purchased At:   Private sale

Submitted by Rubberen a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2004

Bottom Line:
After being a loyal B&W listener for many years, I finally ended up looking for a warmer, more natural sound. The switch was necessary since buying a set of B&W CDM7NT's made everything sound harsh. Since I could not believe that it could be the speaker causing this problem, I changed cables, I changed amplifier and I even changed CD player (I now own a AH! Njoe Tjoeb, which is a separate success story), and finally decided to go listen to different speakers. I looked for pre-owned Virgos because of the raving reviews I read. However when hearing the Virgo's for the first time I was a little bit disappointed because they sounded a bit too warm to my opinion. My wife however thought they sounded better than anything I owned before (which made it very easy to be allowed to empty my wallet). I checked the Audio Physic site and there was a lot of information regarding the proper setup for these speakers. I spent a lot of time shifting speakers back and forth through the room and finally figured out the right spot to give me a lot of detail, huge soundstage and satisfying bass. I am listening in an even sided triangle; one corner is me, the other two cornes are at the exact same distance between the two speakers and my listening position. Because I can not keep the speakers in that spot the whole day (I have kids playing around), I made little marks on the floor, so in the evening when I find the time to listen to my favourite music, I move the speakers into their preferred location. (Luckely, my wife hasn't discovered those marks yet)
These speakers sound best when playing life music. Rachelle Ferrell's live concert in Montreux is actually taking place in my living room. Also Loreena McKermitt's live in Paris and Toronto couldn't have sounded better in real life, except of course for the ultra low sounds of a real live bass section.
These speakers disappear! It has been said many time before by others about these speakers but they really give you the impression that a band is playing in your living room.
A friend of mine who brought his own music to listen to, was asking me if these two speakers where the only speakers producing the sound (my living room also has small speakers for my dolby surround set). He could not believe that all that music came out of just these two speakers!
I am now totally spoiled (and happy) but I am afraid to have to face the day that these speakers will wear out. I bought them second-hand for just a quarter of the original price. Unfortunately I can not afford buying these speakers for their original new price.

Purchased At:   Second hand shop