Audio Physic Spark III
MSRP  1995.00

Submitted by Maprik a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2004

Bottom Line:
The Spark IIIs are an absolute joy in my system (Unison Research Unico Integrated, Rega P25 w/ Benz Micro Glider M2, Modded SONY SCD-777ES, Cardas Neutral Reference ICs and speaker cables). I was a little apprehensive when I bought them because they were replacing the legendary Spendor SP1/2 speakers with that incredible midrange but lack of bass. I was afraid that the midrange would be dissapointing. After 2 weeks of pure bliss I can honestly say that I am not missing anything. The Spark III sound is full, liquid, tonally accurate, harmonically rich, and SPOOKY real. The bass is deep and accurate. And man do they image! Soundstage is HUGE and players are rock solid within the field.

I have owned many speakers over the years and I can honestly say that these are the best in my system so far. I prefer a musical speaker with a wide genre of music. I listen to jazz, classical, opera, techno, country, classic rock you name it. If it's recorded well I enjoy it. As a musician truth of tone and timber is vital to me and the Spark IIIs have it in spades!!!!!

Purchased At:   Jeff's Sound Values

Submitted by jupiter a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
Overall an excellant speaker, my APs have been a perfect match for my relatively small listening room. Before purchasing these speakers I auditioned many different options including Martin Logan Aerius', Proac Response Ones, and Magnepan 1.6s. I found the Sparks to have the best soundstage and low end of the bunch. The build quality and styling is also superb.

Purchased At:   local dealer

Submitted by tapsa a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 16, 2001

Bottom Line:
Very amazing speakers, i think that price it is best buy.It is very neutral and accurate speakers and soundstage is big and airy like dunlavy"s.I think dunlavy,ap spark 3 and acapella fidelio is best(neutral) small speakers what i have ever heard.happy listening tapsa

Submitted by Bob a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have been auditioning speakers for a while and I just wanted to share a bit about these nice speakers. They are, overall, quite musical and possess the sweetness, pace, and detail to make them a VERY pleasant addition to a modest system. I decided against them as they seem to be just slightly behind some other speakers I have listened to in terms of vividness and natural tone. One example is in multi-instrument rhythmic music where the music comes through forcefully but you can not distinguish as readily the type of instruments, and thus you cannot enjoy its unique tonal character. Overall, as I said, quite nice on the whole, though. Especially for the price.

Submitted by Vern a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 26, 2000

Bottom Line:
I used this speaker just for a while,because a was very impressed by its deep and holographic sound.i used different amps. and cables but my oppinion was that if you listen for more than a ,lets say 10min.,you want a more neutral sounding speaker.for rock ore not critical listeners this speaker wil do.not bad at all but not for me.