Allison Acoustics Two

Submitted by Bart Sterman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have these speakers for over 20 years. They still sound smooth,with strong bass, accurate midrange,and somewhat laid back highs. Excellent for classical music,never fatiguing. Have never had one minutes problem with them in all this time. I assume that eventually the bass surrounds will go, but not yet. Thanks Roy Allison!

Submitted by Charles a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
I really love the sound of these loudspeakers.They have a crystal clear treble range along with a natural,none boomy bass response.They use an unusual bass loading method called sealed box push/pull.The benefits of this is dramatically reduced bass distortion.I believe this is why their clarity of musical detail retrieval is so good.These are the cleanest sounding loudspeakers I have ever heard.Once you hear a really clear loudspeaker like the Allison Al-120's its hard to listen to other boom box type speakers.No speakers I've heard can match the treble dispersion of the convex tweeter.You hear this sweet,spacious,clarity from anywhere in the room.NO need to find a so called sweet spot to enjoy natural stereo,the Allison tweeters will fill a room completely.You must feed them a high quality signal for optimum sound quality.When I listen to other loudspeakers I hear sounds,some good some bad,but listening to the Allison's is like listening to real music on a smaller scale.Clarity,definition,spaciousness and flat power output is the signiture of these speakers.If you can find a pair buy them quick.What you'll have is a loudspeaker that sounds like music and not the typical loudspeaker. A very enjoyable experience every time I listen to them. Highly recommended.

Purchased At:   Allison Acoustics

Submitted by Guy a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 19, 1997

Bottom Line:
I have a pair of Allsion Two tower speakers that are quite old but still deliver fine sound...so good that I have not been interested in replacing them for the past 20 years. Since I inherited these from an audiophile relative nearly 20 years ago, I cannot find any background information on these fine speakers. I would appreciate comments from an audiophile regarding the quality of the Allison Two speakers with regard to current technology and value.

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener