Acoustic Research 312HO
Description: Ported 12-in. woofer, two 5.25 in. mids, 1-in. tweeter

Submitted by Myles a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2016

Bottom Line:
These AR312HO speakers leave the Bose system I have for dead. Onkyo amp these are awesome speakers. I just had rubber surrounds replaced on the mids and now found one of my tweeters have died. I am going to cry if I can't find a replacement tweeter.

Submitted by skiskort a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 12, 2011

Bottom Line:
An absolute sleeper for the money! The rich full range sound of these speakers blew my mind! I am powering them with 200 wpc ss amp and they just soar! I am equally impressed with the cherry veneer, nice gold binding posts and capable of bi-amping or bi-wiring! You can find these rarely...but usually under $500.00 and they rival ones costing twice or 3 times more! Good bottom as well, I do not need a sub with this speaker. Buy them if you can find them!

Submitted by ed roque a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2009

Bottom Line:
i have these ar-312-ho not thinking they are to big for my place.i need to let them. go.what a sound.very scarey.very loud.must part with them.

Purchased At:   home owner

Submitted by tchamber a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought these speakers when I was a senior in high school, before I had a receiver. I had seen them in a Future Shop for $1300 and had to have them. Boy am I glad I bought them when I did, I've looked at Circuit City and Magnolia HiFi, and the only thing that comes close to these babies are the higher end Klipsch speakers, nothing else comes close. I was amazed when I hooked them up to my dad's Yamaha stereo receiver, with seperate channels for the woofers, it made all the difference! I live about 1/5 of a mile from a lake, so one day I turned them up all the way, walked to the lake and I could make out the lyrics to a Scorpions song! Great bass, great treble and midrange. I am now buying home theatre equipment, and intend to use these speakers for the front left and right channels, and will look for more AR speakers for the other channels. These are the best investment I could make for home audio enjoyment!

Purchased At:   Used from friend

Submitted by erez ahiam a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
i have been using the 312 for more than a year now,not giving them any break,music and films,and they just wany more and more.im using the yamaha 2095 amp,and its prety strong,so that tese two are good copples.i think its one of the best speaker in town

Purchased At:   sale