Acoustic Energy 3311
Description: studio monitor

Submitted by Liam a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2015

Bottom Line:
I have no idea what year these were manufactured, but they're amazing. I'm running a 75watt per channel Denon Receiver (AVR 13-12) and its not enough to handle the low end! But the high and mid range's are impeccable.. I have a subwoofer I'm going to add soon, which will help, but it's not the same as a having 125+ Watt power source for these bass drivers.

And I got them for 30 bucks!!!! At the GOODWILL in Beaverton Oregon xD!!

I'm quite sure some Intel engineer, or Nike 'employee' dropped 'em off. One speaker had definitely been dropped, from some hight. The outside wood side enclosure had separated at the top seam due to the impact, and 2 of the 4 plastic pegs that hold on the 'cover' were broken off due to the fall. So I completly sealed it back up with caulking (no wood glue in my apt to be found), and the remaning two plastic pegs hold the black front cover just fine. :)

They sound perfect, just wish i had more watts for the bass, leaves me thinking about a new reciever... NEED MORE POWER!

Submitted by Brian a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2015

Bottom Line:
In keeping with everyone else who has Acoustic Studio Monitors 3311, mine also came to me from the back of a van, seems that's the only way to own these. They've been the speaker for my big system for over 15yrs, other equipment has been swopped & changed but the 3311's remain the same, they are simply superb..

Submitted by Trey a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2015

Bottom Line:
1998 Southern California san bernandino is only one guy in a white van sold me this sticker I just broke them out now finally got my house and everything I mean like 75 bucks sitting in the garage all this time and I'm broke amount they look brand new and I love these things.

Submitted by Rick S. a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2015

Bottom Line:
Ready for this? I got mime (Acoustic Studio Monitor Series 3311) from the back of a guy's pick-up truck in a parking lot off of Route 4 in Paramus New Jersey in... 1977!! No B-S! I think I gave the guy $40 - and I thought I was getting ripped off. But amortized over 35 years, it's not such a bad deal. I brought them out with me to Los Angeles in 1978 and they still sound crisp and clean. Definitely the best 'hot' merchandise I ever bought. Maybe my guy in the pick-up is the father of the guy's in the white van!! I only came across these reviews because I was trying to find out how much they are worth. These speakers have some history.

Submitted by Calzee a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2015

Bottom Line:
This is fantastic!... I can't believe it. So many people got their 3311's the same way I did, from a couple of guys in a white van on a petrol station forecourt, from memory, somewhere near High Wycombe, Bucks, way back in 97. The same scam, product overstock, here's the paperwork, washing these out cheap, bla, bla, bla. Think I paid around £100 quid for them. After all this time, I can honestly say, that was one of the best £100 quids I ever spent. Absolutely superb sound performance, quality bass, good mid and top end range and I'm sure, could quite happily compete alongside any of today's equivalent sized modern day speakers at 4 or 5 times the price. Very happy with them. I only have one regret. I didn't buy a second pair. Even if I had the extra cash back then, I didn't have the space at home or a big enough car to take them home with. Today, I wouldn't advise you buy anything like that from a white van unless you've researched it and know exactly what you are buying. Though, from the stories of other peoples experiences, I'm glad I was'nt the only one and that in most cases, the outcome was a good one.