Acoustic Energy 3311
Description: studio monitor

Submitted by Stephan Pestalozzi a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2016

Bottom Line:
After reading all this, I have to write this down: I almost falling apart from laughing my A... off. Now listen, here ist my story. I't bin about 20 years. On a parking lot in the eastern part of Switzerland!!! Yes you reading this right... Switzerland! A guy in a delivery van offered my these speakers. I bought them for 200 swiss francs (about 200 USD). I don't remember, if the van was white, but I think, this is a pretty awesome and funny story to sell these speakers worldwide out of the back of a van...
I alway wondered how much money these speakers would really be worth. Did I give to much or was this an awesome deal. The years passed by and I graduated from Berklee College of Music with a degree in Producing. I now run my own music studio first in Los Angeles and now in Zurich, Switzerland. After all these years the stand in my mastering room as reference speakers. I have testet them and I have to say. I have speakers here for several thousand dollars and these ACOUSTICS SERIES 3311 sound absolutely great. I have them powered by a professional tube amplifier and they're sound is crystal clear - simply an amazing sound! So they're definitely worth the money. Considering the qualitiy of theses speakers, I would be willing to pay about 1000 USD for such a product... so just enjoy it, if you're one of the lucky guy who met one of these white van guys a couple of years ago... funny, don't you think? greetings from the swiss snowy mountains;-)

Submitted by Mario a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 6, 2015

Bottom Line:
This is amazing to know that most people got these acoustic studio monitor 3311 the same way from two guys in a white van, I also got mines from a guy in a white van, this happened as I was walking to my car on the parking lot at Glendale community college and the approached me and offered me the two speakers for $300 and I first declined the offer due to the price and then he dropped the price for $180, the guy actually fallowed me all the way to second and San Pedro in down town la to the ATM machine to get the money, At one point as everyone else here I thought I had been ripped off but after reading these reviews I got a deal, all these happened back in 1998 and I the speakers still sound amazing,

Submitted by Liam a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2015

Bottom Line:
I have no idea what year these were manufactured, but they're amazing. I'm running a 75watt per channel Denon Receiver (AVR 13-12) and its not enough to handle the low end! But the high and mid range's are impeccable.. I have a subwoofer I'm going to add soon, which will help, but it's not the same as a having 125+ Watt power source for these bass drivers.

And I got them for 30 bucks!!!! At the GOODWILL in Beaverton Oregon xD!!

I'm quite sure some Intel engineer, or Nike 'employee' dropped 'em off. One speaker had definitely been dropped, from some hight. The outside wood side enclosure had separated at the top seam due to the impact, and 2 of the 4 plastic pegs that hold on the 'cover' were broken off due to the fall. So I completly sealed it back up with caulking (no wood glue in my apt to be found), and the remaning two plastic pegs hold the black front cover just fine. :)

They sound perfect, just wish i had more watts for the bass, leaves me thinking about a new reciever... NEED MORE POWER!

Submitted by Brian a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2015

Bottom Line:
In keeping with everyone else who has Acoustic Studio Monitors 3311, mine also came to me from the back of a van, seems that's the only way to own these. They've been the speaker for my big system for over 15yrs, other equipment has been swopped & changed but the 3311's remain the same, they are simply superb..

Submitted by Trey a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2015

Bottom Line:
1998 Southern California san bernandino is only one guy in a white van sold me this sticker I just broke them out now finally got my house and everything I mean like 75 bucks sitting in the garage all this time and I'm broke amount they look brand new and I love these things.