Hitachi 42HDM12 42 in. Plasma Television
Description: The 42HDM12 Plasma display monitor is elegantly designed in silver and black. Utilizing advanced Hitachi plasma technology it delivers cinematic image. ALiS technology produces greater detail to create a brighter and more film-like picture. This 42" Plasma Monitor delivers a high quality plasma monitor solution at a great value in sleek ultra-thin design.

Submitted by waltcj a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2010

Bottom Line:
I've owned this plasma for 5 years now friends who have newer panisonc, samsung and sony panels
are pretty amazed at the picture quality of this older plasma. Back in the day it retailed fo $3100 i paid $2500
while many "higher" end plasmas were $5000 to $8000, so I feel I got a good bang for my buck. i've had no problems whatso ever use my PS3 system on it over the 5 years, and there have been many late night sessions playing NFS, GTA GT4 /5 prologe, and there is no burn in at all.
My only complaint is the switching between component vid to hdmi seemed to be a longer than nessessary.
somtimes it (rarely) I will turn on the set and it woud be in composite vid. whiche I don't use at all.(maybe it was just me, I don't know)
Over all I'm happy with my purchase and it still amazes friends with the pictue quality.