NAD T534
Description: <ul> <li>Dolby Digital decoder integrated</li> <li>Dolby Digital/PCM/DTS digital out</li> <li>Coaxial and Optical digital outputs</li> <li>Auto switch from PCM to Bitstream</li> <li>Audiophile quality 24 bit 192kHz DACs</li> <li>Smooth Scan and Slow Motion</li> </ul>

Submitted by jkarwa a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 22, 2009

Bottom Line:
I got a great deal on this player from The Audio Shop in Ottawa. I think I bought it for about 350 Cdn $. I soon found out why. I brought it home and the component video-out was broken. The store gave me another one and 9 months later its stopped playing burned-DVDs. After fighting with the store to honour their warranty, they finally sent it to be fixed. Afterwards, I was told that the repair job would have cost me 500 bucks if it wasn;t under warranty; the entire circuit board had to be replaced.
It does sound pretty good and the picture is really nice. But I had two major problem with the player when it was relatively new. I think NAD has some serious quality control issues these days.

Submitted by Marshall a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2006

Bottom Line:
Purchased this unit to complement my NAD T753 receiver and to replace an older aging dvd player. Very nice musically and video performance was definately miproved. Haven't used the upscaling feature yet, but a display upgrade is due in the near future. So far flawless operation.

Submitted by masmusic a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 29, 2005

Bottom Line:
Always been a big fan of Nad electronics and when the dealer in my hometown went out of business I started getting into the Denon field. Then one day I went to the Nad web site and at that time I was in the market to replace my Denon DVD 900 and also had discovered DVD Audio. So I met the folks at Lipton's and purchased the Nad T-534. When I returned home after the 3 hour drive I was excited to get this baby into the audio rack and running, BIG DISAPOINTMENT, The T-534 during DVD Audio playback would lock up at random during multi-channel playback. I have purchased about 10 DVD Audio discs and everyone encountered this problem. I just contacted the sales department at Lipton's and I can return it or exchange, I have decided to go with another Denon, Model undecided at this time!

Purchased At:   Liptons Newmarket On