Mitsubishi DD 6020
Description: This model provides the latest in DVD picture performance using its True Progressive scan (480p) output with precise digital 3:2 pulldown. Compatible with most HDTV monitors, progressive scan capability achieves a more detailed and stable picture by scanning the entire TV screen continuously from top to bottom at twice the normal rate. The DD-6020 creates its progressive scan output with a state-of-the-art 54 MHz video processor, providing improved detail and edge clarity, especially from film-based content. It also includes a two-channel DVD-Audio decoder. This allows the DD-6020 to play the DVD-Audio discs, which provide a level of audio quality previously available only in recording studios. When playing DVD-Audio discs, noise levels and distortion are so low that they are nearly immeasurable. The DD-6020 also allows the user to zoom in on any part of the picture.

Submitted by sevendust1276 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 15, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have purchased the DD-6020 along with a super VHS VCR, and last but not least a 42" Mitsubishi HDTV WT-42311.

The Dvd player is incredible. Color acuracy is great, sound is awsome, and has the best menu I have seen on DVD to date!

Purchased At:   Bernies

Submitted by corntrader a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2003

Bottom Line:
I used this to replace a flaky HK DVD changer which never really worked right. I have a HK 125 receiver pushing two NHT 1.1's (or 1A's), and superzeros as center and surround. For my money and my senses, this unit outperforms the HK on colors. Colors are vivid and accurate, and the interfaces are intuitive. I think the audio may not be quite as sharp as the HK, but that could be simply not having played many well-recorded movies yet.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Harry Wuner a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2001

Bottom Line:
I am new to DVD but the ones we have rented and played on the DD6020 are just out of this world. It is so much better than my VCR. I am using two 50 year old electro voice patrician speaker systems. I,m driving the speakers with a Yamaha #5490 receeiver. Also using a mitsubishi HS-u746 vcr. My center and rear speakers are some old ones i had but think i will use Klipsch units to match my patricians. Our tv is a mitsubishi WS-65807. The picture on this set leaves little to be desired

Purchased At:   Wharehouse Electronics Yuma