Memorex MVD2029
Description: <ul> <li>Ultra-slim DVD/VCD/CD player with built-in MP3 decoder and CD-R/CD-RW playback</li> <li>Reads Kodak Picture CDs, offers picture zoom, parental locks</li> <li>Component-, composite-, and S-video outputs for compatibility with a range of televisions</li> <li>Dolby Digital, DTS 5.1-channel digital output for immersive surround sound when used in conjunction with a compatible AV receiver</li> <li>Comes with full-function, 47-key remote co</li> </ul>

Submitted by Beachboy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2004

Bottom Line:
I bought this unit at Target for half price ($35) since they were closing it out. I already have 3 Toshiba DVD players as well as a new Onkyo player, but I bought this one strictly as a backup for one of my better units. I was very pleasantly surprised at how nicely this DVD player displays the .jpg files from CD's burned on my computer. If for no other use than displaying photo files, its worth it. The only other DVD player that claims to display photo files is my newest Toshiba, and it was not near as user friendly as this Memorex. I know this Memorex is a cheap unit, but for the price, I figured I couldn't go too far wrong.

Purchased At:   Target