Marantz DV-7000
Description: Single Disc DVD player - Dolby Digital/DTS - Component Video outputs - 10-bit video DACs with 27MHz filtering - 96kHz/24-bit audio DACs - Component, S-video and composite video outputs

Submitted by ernesto a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2015

Bottom Line:
It was the year 2000 when I was a plant so 'comprises ..... Denon avr 3300, Marantz DV 7000 and speakers B & W CDM nt, Sub Velodyne CT 120. One of the most' beautiful plants with a memory linked to a musicality 'exceptional
After all this time I recovered the Denon avr 3300 already 'for years, and now, even the Marantz dv 7000. Unfortunately this player model has flaws on reading for weaknesses on the mechanical construction of the project and the laser assembly always. But when it works well, it has a very good musicality to be a video player. As CD I find it very beautiful. It has nice voices and the sound is music. Great player. I put 5 stars as sound and 3 stars as construction, because of this defect on mecanica- laser afflicting these dv 7000.Per the rest, until 'work and not blocks in reading and 'a great apparecchio.Co in CD from' the best of 'in my opinion

Submitted by Glenn a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2007

Bottom Line:
When I first auditioned this DVD, I was really impressed. By far, the best stand-alone CD player I have ever owned (I don't use the DVD). I also heard Marantz makes pretty good CD players.
An outboard DAC is not necessary for this although some use this CD as their transport.
This CD shines.

Purchased At:   Audiogon

Submitted by Mark a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great player, but now I think that it is expensive for the price. Players have become more affordable, so you should be able to find a machine of this quality for a lower price.
My requirement when looking was for sound that was good CD player quality (having digital media, I didn't just want good picture - it needed to be good everything). Also, not buying the whole 5.1 surround thing, the sound quality had to deliver pure sound to be put through a Rotel amp (ie - no bells & whistles, just pure clean stereo sound).

The Marantz delivers.

Note though that the CD sound is not as good as my Rotel CD player & I do not use the Marantz to play CDs. The difference is small, but having the CD player, might as well use the better of the two. The sound quality is unbelieveably better than an old Sony CD carousel I have.

Picture quality is great - I have a Loewe TV with Scart input & I invested $100 in buying a serious cable to run between the DVD player & the TV.

Result is a sensational picture (best I have seen on any DVD/TV combo) and high-grade sound quality.

The player is slow - you will hear that from everyone - this is just loading, I have no trouble in layer transition. As far as I am concerned, it is a small price to pay for the quality of the output. You may disagree if you need things to happen fast!

I am slightly concerned that I get error messages every now & then when loading a disc (the player is less than 18mths old), but it is still under extended warranty, so if that ends up being an issue, I'll get it fixed. Still, not what you expect from a player in the high end of the market.

Recommendation - use the foyer shoot-out scene from Matrix to audition the player - you'll see what people talk about...

Submitted by Mo Schmo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2001

Bottom Line:
I love this player. For anything under $500, it's a great buy. Yes, it's kind of on the slow side, but it's an older model player. The best part about this player is the sound quality. I don't need a separate $1000 CD player when I have this. And it plays everything.

Purchased At:   Audiogon

Submitted by Nick Schneider a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
I just got this player a couple of days ago. First my intention was to go for the 7010 because of all the horror stories about slow operation, but i got the 7000 at a real good price. In my case the operation seems ok, layer change takes 1-2 seconds as it does on all the DVD players i tried. I heard of some poor souls who had to wait 5-10 seconds for the layer to change.. Too bad.. Maybe this varies? I dont know, but this Playa' seems good.

Picture looks good and the sound is pretty much what sound should be. In my case i now use this as a cd player also. It definetly sounds better than my old Sony.

Now im almost there and my home theater will be complete

My setup is this:

Marantz DV7000 (Ofcourse)
Marantz SR7000 Reciever
Philips PW32 9525 TV
B&W DM605 S2 as front
B&W DM602 S2 as rears
And soon a B&W LCR6 S2 Center channel

Og det lyder rigtig fedt!)

PS: Thanks too all who submitted their reviews on this site, that has helped me alot in purchasing almost all of my equipment!

Purchased At:   Used