Apex Digital ADV-3800
Description: <ul> <li>DVD Player/ VCR</li> <li>Progressive Scan</li> <li>Component Video Output</li> <li>S-Video Output</li> <li>KODAK Picture CD/ WMA Playback</li> <li>Active Fullscreen Function (AFF)</li> <li>Coaxial & Optical Digital Audio Output</li> </ul>

Submitted by billsmit a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2005

Bottom Line:
I purchased this unit for the combined DVD/VCR feature in order to save space. At first it worked well but all of a sudden the DVD player quit providind video, audio from DVDs came through but no image. It would also occasionally make an electronic popping sound, I was not sure if it was the TV or the player. I returned it to Sears for another unit. The second unit played DVDs fine but the tracking on the VCR was poor, I was also getting the popping sound and I thought that was the TV. Within weeks of having the second unit it failed much like the first one. The full money-back period was past but Sears did give me 80% of the original purchase price back. My new Sony DVD player does not make the popping sound so it must have been the Apex.

Purchased At:   Sears

Submitted by Pat Pierce a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
I owned this VCR/DVD combo eleven days before its tuner broke and it would only pass static through to the TV. To the retailers credit they gave me a full refund. This was my first Apex product.

Purchased At:   Meijers Thrifty Acre