Apex Digital AD1200
Description: <ul> <li>Kodak Picture CD</li> <li>JPEG Readable</li> <li>MIDI Sized Chassis</li> <li>RCA Video Output S-Video Output</li> <li>Parental Lock</li> </ul>

Submitted by Paul Burleigh a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2004

Bottom Line:
My mother in-law bought four of these DVD players at Menards (that should say something right there). They were given to my sister-in-laws and us as a gift. After 3 months of use ours broke. I later found out that only one of the four still worked after 6 months of use. It would read "No Disc" when one was in the unit. The disc would not engage and spin in the carriage.

Purchased At:   Menards

Submitted by retiredforever a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
All I can say it works, BUT
will not play all it said, VCD, SVCD
NOTHING

Purchased At:   Wal-Mart

Submitted by a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
Do you live in a cardboard box or at a homeless shelter? Do you eat out of dumpsters or at the soup kitchen? No? Well, in that case do yourself and the rest of the world a favor and don't buy this unit so that this company will go out of business. Spend the extra $20 to get a name brand unit if that's all you can afford and then bask in the warm glow that can only come from knowing you bought a soundly engineered and manufactured component.

My father and brother both got suckered into buying this because they are dumb like cows and can't think for themselves so they buy what other people say are good, but are actually very, very bad.

Audio quality is an oxymoron when applied to this unit. Video quality could not be any poorer; it is the worst of any DVD player ever made. This machine is slow and ugly.

Submitted by mclemons a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
This DVD player represents an amazing bargain to the right person. IT IS NOT A 150.00 PLAYER!! Do not expect it to be, and you will love it. My better half wants me to throw it away, and cannot believe I bought it.
It takes forever before you can eject when first powered up. The remote has to be within about a 10 degree window at any angle of the front of the player to work PROPERLY. You cannot mix mp3's and jpg's on the same disc and expect to play the music. When playing mp3's it will only show you a couple letters of the title (what the heck, it is fun to guess) and navigating is VERY slow. It sometimes pauses, sometimes freezes in the middle of a dvd (maybe changing layers?). You can see the screen "refresh" in scenes with fast or lots of movement. The tray has had a hard time closing once or twice, but forcing it closed like I had read somewhere on circuit city's website actually did seem to "fix it".
I do not know why she hates this thing so much? I love it! It reminds me of my VW beetle I had in high school. It would get me to school at least 60% of the time, and the rest I would get rides. I would drive it 3 days a week and work on it 4. But there was something about it I just loved, I think it was because I spent so much time with it that I became attached to it.
Just like my VW this thing is not for everyone, however you do get an unbelieveable amount of features not found on players many times it's price (even today!) and aside from a few oddities in operation (the remote) it has not ever left me un satisfied.

Purchased At:   Rex T.V.