Yamaha CDRHD1300 CD Recorders/Players

4.33/5 (6 Reviews)

CD Recorder

Submitted by bkyeager a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2005

Bottom Line:
I am a music collector hobbiest with a large collection of vinyl 45's and LP's (as well as CD's). My goal was to make my vinyl more accessible for listening and recreate/improve my custom casette compilations on CD. I've used my PC but it was cumbersom to setup and I was never satisfied with the audio results. I tried a Media Center PC but I had the same issues with it plus reduced flexibility. The Yamaha 1300 solved all these issues; it's easy to use, produces terrific audio and holds a lot. I still use my PC to clean up my vinyl recordings from the Yamaha when neccessary. Analog recording provides flexibility to copy back and forth. It took some effort to master all the functions but the manual is good. This is the answer to my needs.

Purchased At:   B&H

Submitted by Dairybeat a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2004

Bottom Line:
I mainly use the recorder to store backing tracks for my (hobby) band: Dairybeat.

Purchased At:   HiFi Regler, Germany

Submitted by MikeManchester a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
A clever second generation hard drive jukebox recorder which just needs more work on the user interface.

Purchased At:   Practical Hi Fi Manc

Submitted by Marc De Mey a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2003

Bottom Line:
Yamaha CDRHD1300. This is a well engineered and manufactured piece of equipment. You can store up to 120 hours of music, depending on the Hard Disk capacity. If you have the time and courage to copy the essential tracks from your CD collection, you'll appreciate this time restriction. The sound is good and I can not spot weaknesses. Working your way through the manual may be a pain, but once you got the hang of it, it is logical and consistent. Yamaha complies with the rules of making copies, therefore you have to buy genuine blank AUDIO CD's (more expensive than CD's for data). This could make you swear on the rest of the world who downloads massive numbers of songs from the internet and burn CD's like hell. But sweet revenge: the Yamaha is a neat machine, a source of audio comfort: use it as a juke-box, mark your wife's or kids' favourite tracks and let them use this machine too.

Purchased At:   Audio-Vision

Submitted by saydemo a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
IF ANYONE THINKS THIS PRODUCT IS OVER-PRICED PLEASE THINK AGAIN. PRIOR TO BUYING THE CDR-HD1000 I HAD THIS BIG PROBLEM. I HAD A HUGE COLLECTION OF SCRATCHED CD'S AND PREVIOUS CD PLAYERS SKIPPED LIKE A KANGAROO TRYING TO PLAY THEM. BUT THIS MACHINE PLAYS THEM SEAMLESLY WITH NO SKIPPING. THE MACHINE AUTO-CABERATES WHEN YOU LOAD A CD AND IT ALSO AUTO-CALIBERATED BETWEEN PLAYING TRACKS, WHICH MAKES IT AS GOOD AS PLAYERS COSTING MORE THAN TWICE THE PRICE. NOT TO MENTION THE ABILITY TO STORE UNCOMPRESSED MUSIC OF UP TO 127 HOURS.(IGNORE YAMAHAS QUOTE OF 120 HOURS). PLEASE BUY IT AND YOU WON'T REGRET. IT'S THE BEST BANG AT THIS PRICE FOR YOUR DOLLARS POUNDS OR EUROS.ITS HAS ENLESS EDTING FUNCTION WHICH I HAVE NOT EVEN THE TIME TO EXPLORE. AND IF YOU DONT LIKE LENDING YOUR CDS TO FRIENDS, JUST BURN ALL YOUR FAVOURITS UNTO THE HARD DRIVE, HIDE THEN AWAY IN THE LOFT AND TELL YOU DONT HAVE ANY CDS AS THEY HAVE BEEN GIVEN TO CHARITY. (HA HA lol lol lol).

Purchased At:   RITCHER SOUNDS, SEVE