Philips CDR-765 CD Recorders/Players

3.18/5 (17 Reviews)

Dual Deck Audio CD-Recorder

Submitted by alberto de zubiria a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 30, 2007

Bottom Line:
We bought 3 CD players in my family of the series CDR 765 and all of them are out of order for recording and we have been told there is not a way to fix them up....

Purchased At:   philips dealer in Co

Submitted by Cactus Music a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2005

Bottom Line:
I bought the 765 back when CD burners for a PC were not a option.Professional decks stated at $1500. I don't think I'd pay 800 bucks now but looking back it's paid for itself over and over.I make a living recording and this deck is an important tool. THe copy protection is a pain but Theres a chip you can buy to fix that
http://www.modchip.it/shop/net-shop.asp?lng=EN&px=idcategoria&dx=NCD it's $ 20
I use the machine for live recordings and mastering songs in my small studio. It has always performed as would be expected for a consummer deck. I even have done DJ work with it but it is a slow loader. I use CDRW's for my masters then I just load them into the PC and use Wave Lab to edit. The only minor problem was a tray was out of wack and I had to take the top off and push it back in palce..THe screws are very weird. I use both the digital and analog ins and outs and all have worked fine. The sound quality is great.I agree the rec. level option is limited but I always use a mixing board so not a problem for me.

Purchased At:   Costco

Submitted by jackz4000 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2003

Bottom Line:
All in all a good performing unit at a great price. Its 3 years old now and I have only encountered 1 problem. After I had it for a few weeks the Play CD door would not open...I would only hear a whinning noise when I pressed the button to open the door. Sent it to Phillips and problem quickly repaired. No problems since then. A simple machine which records your CD's from Cd or various other sources, digital or analog. Very easy to operate. Not alot of extra bells and whistles which I don't need...just a user friendly Cd Player/Recorder. Overall, just a great bargin and consistently stable machine.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by bunty a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
this is to all the people around. the philips is good, maybe even very good. but all i can say is you have to decide

Purchased At:   auction

Submitted by LarryG a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great recorder for the money.

Purchased At:   Boscov''s