Yamaha CDM-900 CD Players

4.33/5 (9 Reviews)

Submitted by Nicholas a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2000

Bottom Line:
An excellent CD player. I was renovating my house, dust was on everything, and this thing was completely dust free.
The audio quality is as good as anything I've listened to and having 50% of my CDs stored away inside the CD player ready to be played is great.
You can divide the 110 CDs into 5 groups, the boundaries of which are movable, I have mine set to moods e.g. New Age, Dance, Singles, Heavy Metal and Other.
You can also randomise all 110 CDs or just within a group.
Also it seems to play those badly scratched CDs better than anything I know.

My last Yamaha CD player lasted 7 years of being played 24/7 - I'm hoping this will last just as long

If only I could afford another one of these suckers, I could then fit all my CDs inside.

After reading the horrid reviews of the SONY 250 disc version I am SO relieved that I chose quality over quantity.

Submitted by Ken a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 29, 1999

Bottom Line:
I love this thing! What a great B-day present. It's easy to use and a pleasure to listen to.

Submitted by Wolf Jenkins a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 5, 1999

Bottom Line:
This _DOES_ pass the DTS bitstream. In fact, I have about 6 DTS Cd's loaded in mine right now. :)
Overall a nice machine.

Submitted by gary a

Date Reviewed: May 24, 1999

Bottom Line:
This thing is great. The sound is awsome I can hear things I've never heard before. This is also a steal since it came out on the market at 499.00. It is now 299.00 for the price and for what you get this thing is great. Especially sice Yamaha put major bucks into it for quality and had to come down to sell em. At 102 signal to noise it is far above par.

Submitted by Jon Kocian a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 25, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have a question about this player, cant seem to find the answer. Does this cd player play DTS CD's or not? I apologize for a question not a review, but nowhere else to turn! =)

FGH 26: