Yamaha CDC-585

Submitted by jordaaw1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2007

Bottom Line:
Wow! Bargain, bargain, bargain!

I just love this cd player. It was marked down as an open-box item and the RCA cable and manual was missing. In the bargain bin, but was boxed with full warrantee. Could not resist - asked for best price and got another $40 off. Did not think twice and paid before anyone else could grab it - sale on. Hooked it up on my Yamaha DSP-AX1 and it really shines. I always thought my AX1 was no good with music, but this cd player has completely proved that theory wrong. I have dragged all my old cd's out from storage and am enjoying them all over again.

Ipod has been packed away for now.

Very simple interface and not much fancies - just the way I like a cd player. Excellent sound reproduction - 2Hz (yes, two) - 20kHz. Very linear to my critical ears. Rich and rewarding sound.

Dire Straits is playing a personal concert in my house right now - yes come over and have a listen.

The remote's range is very good and both the player and the remote has 0 lag on operation.

Optical out.

Best sound on a budget.

Purchased At:   Tafelberg Furnishers

Submitted by jchowmis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
I purchased a Denon DCM280 at the first beginning at Goodguys. The sound is awesome and easy to operate. However, it won't recognize 1 out of 10 from my CD collection. I was piss off and going to return the CD player. I eventually exchanged it to Yamaha CDC 585. May be the sound not as good as Denon, it is definitely above average. The more important thing is it recognizes all cd in my collection.

Purchased At:   good guys