Usher CD-1 CD Players

• Signal To Noise Ratio: 105dB
  • Dynamic Range: 104dB

Submitted by TS a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2007

Bottom Line:
I'm very surprised at how good this actually sounds for an $1100 CDP. This could easily compete with players twice its price. It has very nice ability to extract detail and resolution from all genres of music. Its soundstage is nice and wide and sperates instruments very nicely.
The vocals sound very real and it feels as if D. Krall is in your room! It has a very nice low end to it.
The look is extremely clean and simple. The drawer is very cool and large. The display is very cool at night. When it is in the off mode, there is a blue light similiar to when a ROTEL is on. The remote is extremely cool and is made of stainless steel. I haven't put it on a scale but I would say it weighs at least a pound! It is by far, one of the nicest remotes I've seen. I believe it works for the rest USHER's components as well. It also comes in a black protective bag. Also read HDCD's!
The RCA connects in the rear are nicely spaced apart.
I've owned it for just few days and it has a ways to go to break in and I'm estatic that it's only going to sound even better as time goes on. Made in Taiwan. I've demo'd Arcam, Rotel and NAD in the $1000-$1500 range and I ended up buying the CD-1 without auditioning it. I'm very glad I did!!!!

Purchased At:   Private

Submitted by TS a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2007

Bottom Line:
The RCA connects in the rear are nicely spaced apart.

Purchased At:   Private