Technics SL-MC410 CD Players

4.14/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $260.00

Submitted by Carlos a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2007

Bottom Line:
Hi,
I need information about shop this product in Chile or other country.

Carlos

Submitted by Mark Lawrence a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 13, 2000

Bottom Line:
This unit is very quiet and is very quick between disks. But I find it very frustrating that you cannot play just one disk out of the collection. At the end of a cd the next one starts. I have gone through the manual several times and I can't seem to see a way to avoid this. If there is a way please email me. This was a gift if I had bought it I would have returned it because of this short fall.

Purchased At:   A&B Sound

Submitted by Daniel Bengtsson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is one of my best stereo equipment buys. I bought it for a couple of years ago and it hasnt been a trouble once.

It sound very nice with my technics amplifier and Klipsch speakers.

I havent used the text function very much, its time consuming to type it in and if you move your cd's in and out alot it's a pretty bad idea to use the text since it's assigned to the slots and not the cd's.

But instead of the text function you have the nice book where you can put all covers. It does the job very good in my opinion.

Unfortuanely I once had a lamp about 10 - 15 cm from the unit one day and the door melted a bit in one corner.. :) but it is not a problem exept for the look.

But overall this product is very good, as I said it havent troubled once, no jammed discs no nothing like that. And it sounds excellent do quick and silent disc-changes.

Submitted by Wolfgang Kurth a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
Boought one of these units at electronicsoutlet.com recently for $119.95 on closeout! (They might still have a couple left!) What a steal! Works and looks are flawless (even though "factory reconditioned"). I was up to 1AM listening to some of my favorite CDs like I was hearing them for the first time. I'm not sure if my Phillips was so bad or if this one is just so much better. Consumer reports always said all cd players were basically the same, you're only paying for the frills. Wow, were they ever wrong. Not only did I get the frills, (110+1 cd's, quick access, 5 groupings, text readout, nice remote, disk organizing while playing, etc, etc..) but I also got a much improved sound. Always had luck with technics equipment (turntable, cassette deck), so I should have gotten this unit to start with. Maybe it's not for total high end audioheads (no direct digital out), but for us mere mortals with older analog equipment, who want convenience AND good sound, this should be a contender. I think the new SLMC 7 is the same unit with digital out and a few extra features.
Am listening over a Marantz 250 amp, and preamp, and Ohm F's, Bose 901's, and/or sennheiser cans.
If you're looking for a deal, here's one!

Submitted by JOHN DAVIS a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 11, 1999

Bottom Line:
I HAVE A TOTAL OF FOUR OF THIS TYPE CHANGERS. TWO MC410 AND TWO OF THE CURRENT MODEL MC7. I HAVE FOUND THE CHANGERS TO BE OF EXCELLENT VALUE AND FUNCTION. THE PROBLEM WITH THE OTHER BRAND UNITS ARE THEY USE THE ROULETTE STYLE STORAGE CARRIAGE WHICH MAKES THEM PHYSICALLY DEEPER (20") THEN MOST EQUIPMENT SHELVES.THIS UNIT IS OF MORE TYPICAL DEPTH (15") OF MOST OF YOUR OTHER EQUIPMENT. THE TECHNICS ALLOW YOU TO ACCESS ALL YOUR CD'S AT ONCE AND YOU CAN CHANGE THEM OUT WHILE YOUR UNIT IS PLAYING. YOU ALSO RECEIVE A SMALL NOTEBOOK FOR STORING THE PLAYLIST OF EACH CD. I USUALLY MAKE A PHOTOCOPY OF THE BACK OF THE LINER NOTES AND PUT THEM INTO THE NOTEBOOK. IF YOU HAVE A CD COLLECTION OF ANY SIZE YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF PLAYING THEM MORE OFTEN. THE FULL FEATURED REMOTE WILL ALLOW YOU TO ORGANIZE AND PLAY THEM IN ANY SEQUENCE YOU WISH, AND ACCESS ALL THE TIMING INFORMATION THAT YOUR INTERESTED IN. I HAVE COMPARED THE SOUND QUALITY OF THESE UNITS WITH MY AUDIOPHILE GRADE (SINGLE PLAY) MARANTZ CD94 UNIT AND FIND NO SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCES. OBVIOUSLY THE BUILD LEVEL OF THESE UNITS IS AVERAGE, BUT ASSUMING YOU TAKE CARE OF YOUR EQIPMENT THEN THIS SHOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE AND SHOULD LAST AS LONG AS YOU WANT. THESE UNITS ARE AVAILABLE FOR AROUND $200.00 AT BEST BUY OR YOU CAN SHOP AROUND THE INTERNET FOR SIMILAR OR BETTER DEALS. THE ULTIMATE IN CONVENIENCE AND PLAYING TIME. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS UNIT.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile