Technics Sl-MC3 CD Players

4.6/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $250.00

60+1 Cd changer

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2001

Bottom Line:
Overall I like this changer very much. I was going to spring for the 110+1 changer, but I thought the extra price didn't quite justify it, because I currently only have about 15 cd's. It has stopped on me a couple times, but the bass has to be REALLY heavy. Nearly all my cd's are burned, and this handles them very well. It could be easier to type in disc names, but if you buy your cd's with cd-text then there's no problem. The sound quality is very good with an analog connection to my Yamaha HTR-5240 receiver and playing on my JBL ND310's. Overall a great buy.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Denis a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2001

Bottom Line:
Highly recommended. Technics makes very good audio products.
I did alot of comparison shopping and feature/ price comps.
Read alot of reviews.
I decided for the changer over the 5-disc player because
ultimately it was better for me to have cd boxes out of the way and enjoy the real practicalness of a juke box.
I focussed on Technics over Sony because of past good experience with quality and reliability. They also consistantly rate well with consumer magazines.
If you have the space to set the unit get it or the MC-7, otherwise a carousel is not as tall.

Purchased At:   laser city

Submitted by Edwin Reyes a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2000

Bottom Line:
I was kind of in a hurry when I bouth this item, I had a party, no disc jockey. And boy its one of the best deals I ever had. Performs great. Specially the ramdom all feature. In a party you hit ramdom all and forget about toching the stereo again for a few hours. By the time a song repeats the party is over.

Submitted by Chris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is the newer version, the SL-M4 60+1 disc player, the SL-MC3 is no longer manufactured. Compared to the Philips carousel player it replaced this is a very sweet sounding CD player. I have always thought the Technics 1 BIT MASH circuitry provided superior sound quality compared to most other low priced players and this unit certainly validates my thoughts. With the Phillips I preferred the sound of the DAC on my Onkyo DTS/AC3 receiver, with the Technics I prefer its own DAC. The Changer works speedily and has good shock resistance, a tad noisy compared to my carousel player but not bad. Overall I am extremely pleased with this player and think that it and its sibling, the SL-M7, represent the best values currently available among low priced changers.

Submitted by Bpm2000 a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 8, 1999

Bottom Line:
I bought the technics SL-MC3 while going to pick up a pioneer 25 disc changer for the same price. It had cd text, cd groups, and just about everything the 110+1disc changer has except for the higer capacity. For $145, I got a 60+1 changer. It sounds pretty good, but you can expect the changer from technics to squeeze out too much juice...

FGH 26: