TEAC PD D3000 CD Player
Description: - Precision front-loading drawer design.<br>- Sequential playback system.<br>- 1-bit, dual D/A conversion system.<br>- High-resolution, 3-beam laser pickup.<br>- 32-selection memory programming.<br>- 3-way repeat (one/all/program).<br>- Shuffle play / Intro Check Play.<br>- 2-Color multi-function FL display.<br>- Music Calendar display.<br>- Front panel headphone jack.<br>- Full-function remote control.

Submitted by pclaudel a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2015

Bottom Line:
There is a major problem with this SACD player and its two brand mates (CD-2000 and CD-1000): they don’t play SACDs properly. That is to say, all three models insert an intolerable and idiotic two-second pause between every pair of SACD tracks, even when the music is meant to be uninterrupted.

I have thrice written to TEAC customer service, but it has been 100 percent unresponsive to messages complaining of this crippling and inexcusable design flaw. Phone calls, of course, go straight to voice mail; they too have never been answered. TEAC clearly thinks that customers and their legitimate concerns don’t matter.

I have now reviewed the CD-3000 on the Amazon product page. Similarly outraged reviews of the CD-1000—reviews, alas, I saw only after my own discovery of the near-criminal design negligence in this $2,000 machine—have been pretty heavily down-thumbed, whether by the usual morons or company shills I have no way of knowing. I wonder how long it will be before my review also gets down-thumbed for revealing the truth about the scandalously inadequate design of what TEAC called a flagship model.

As I indicate in my Amazon review, this is the worst purchasing mistake I’ve ever made, and because I foolishly bought the unit on eBay, I have no recourse whatsoever. As I suggest above, what use is a SACD player that won’t properly play SACDs?