Sony CDP-CX225 CD Players

3.22/5 (9 Reviews) MSRP : $250.00

CD Changer

Submitted by eagle280 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2004

Bottom Line:
Sony Cd Player CDP-CX225 is dropping my discs ans ruining them.
Piece of junk.
Not heavy enough for a boat anchor.

Purchased At:   REX

Submitted by Tariq a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 12, 2000

Bottom Line:
Well, I thought I would post an update as I recently put my 4 month old Sony Megachanger in the shop. It worked great for the first few months of everyday heavy use(5 hours a day of shuffle play). Unfortunately, it started randomly droping cd's as it tried to replace tham and shuffle to the next random cd. This resulted in at least three of my cd's being completely ruined! Too bad, I really loved everything about this player. I don't know if I can really trust it when it returns from Sony. At the Rate it destroys cd's, I would probably be better off buying a changer from another manufacturer.

Submitted by Aaron K a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have had this cd player for about 18 months and while it doesn't get really heavy use, maybe 10 hours a week max, it has worked flawlessly for me for the entire time. 200 bucks well spent.

Submitted by Scott Shuster a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 27, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought my first Sony 200-CD changer in 96 or 97, and loved it completely. It works flawlessly, doing all it should, never broke down...a dream device. And it was more than good enough for my old amplifier and speakers from the 1970s (albeit with Heil AirMotion Transformers! - best $70 I ever spent). But when I upgraded to a pair of Newform Research R-645 speakers (http://www.newformresearch.com), suddenly I started to hear just how bad a CD can sound! Was it the amplifier (a sony GA9ESG)? No, I eliminated that. Was it that the speakers had not settled in? No - I ran them long and loud for weeks. Finally I got a 96/24 DVD player (a Toshiba SD3109) and started to use that for CDs. Suddenly all my problems were over. The CDs that were giving me fits all sounded great. So: the Sony changers served me well for years and years, when I had a crummy system. But the minute I upgraded, they failed to make the grade. Be forewarned. By the way, if you put two sony CD-changers on top of each other they make a great little coffee-table and the changers remain a fine way to store and access 400 CDs!!

Submitted by Tariq a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 12, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have used this product for over a month now and have been very happy with its flawless performance. Sound has only gotten better and maybee its my imagination or perhaps I have gotten used to it, but it seems like it changes discs a little faster now. Impressed with build quality. Very clean apperance, I think even nicer than the more expensive 300 disc carousels from sony(looks very much like the top of the line, discontinued ES 200 disc Carousel!) Price has dropped to $159 at Best buy and this is a real steal now. I can't recommend it enough!