Sony CDP-CX205 CD Players

Submitted by john howard a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
it broke down it wont get power

Purchased At:   curcuit city

Submitted by McCracken a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2000

Bottom Line:
An inexpensive way to listen to a large variety of music. However, when it comes time to really listen to your music, put the CD in a better sounding player to really enjoy it.

My current setup is this CD player, a Pioneer laser disc player, Onkyo Integra P-304 preamp, and Onkyo Integra M-504 amp, with Realistic Mach Two speakers.

When shooting pool, or just needing some music in the background, I use the Sony jukebox on random to provide the tunes. It is better than a 5 or 6 disc changer because of the variety of artists you can get from 200 discs. But when it is time to sit down and REALLY listen to the music, I use the Pioneer laser disc player to play a CD. I get a "warmer" sound from the Pioneer, with no background noise and without the harsh vocals. For instance, a female vocalist will sound crisp and clear from the Pioneer, while harsh and stressed from the Sony.

Mechanically, I have had no problems with the Sony.

McCracken

Submitted by Pradeep Goel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2000

Bottom Line:
Excellent machine for casual audio listner. Worth every penny. I use it almost all day long and has never had any problem.

Submitted by Bob Dilbert a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 13, 1999

Bottom Line:
I LOVE THIS CD PLAYER
I think it gives great sound (even with my cheap reciever) and even better with my new one. I had it hooked up to a sony str-de625 (hate it) and the s-link worked great. I'm going to a pioneer Vsx-d607s. Anyways the cd player is kinda slow at changing discs but I GUESS IT MAKES THAT UP WITH SOUND. iT WOPULD BE NICE WITH A DIGITAL OUTPUT BUT THAT'S OKAY. I AGREE THAT IT WON'T SKIP. i HAVE TRIED (STUPIDLY) POUNDING ON IT AND IT WON'T SKIP NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO. i GOT THIS FROM A DEALER FOR $149 WHICH IS A GREAT PRICE FOR THE QUALITY. I LIKE THE BLOCKING THING WITH IT. iI USE THAT A LOT BECAUSE i LISTEN TO ALL KINDS OF MUSIC AND I SEPERATE THE TYPES INTO BLOCKS SO IF I'M IN THE MOOD FOR RAP I PUT IT ON BLOCK 1 OR TWO. i'LL GIVE IT A FIVE

Submitted by bob a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 25, 1998

Bottom Line:
I have had the player for over a year and been really pleased. The sound is great and it is easy to use. I got it on sale at a really good price ($149)and am glad I purchased it. I am about to upgrade my reciever and I suspect the sound will be even better. I give it a five

Wood Technology: