Sony CDP-CX400
Description: 400 disc mega changer, signal-to- noise ratio of 108dB, optical digital output, delete bank, 32 track "hit list", CD text but no custom track naming, artist and title search, PS/2 keyboard input, twin jog dials, and MegaStorage contol.

Submitted by craig a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2013

Bottom Line:
I have one for sale. It is in great condition. Go to Amazon.com and look under ellenpushe. I will negotiate price with serious buyers. I have sold two others. The remote and documentation is included.

Submitted by flash flood a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2009

Bottom Line:
I bought this peace of crap back in 2001 at best buy. I hate it. i went through all of the trouble to name all of my cd's in this stupid thing i came home one day turned it on and the screen said all erase and it erased all of the names. i was pi$$ed so i went ahead and put all of the names in again and about a month later it did it again. i've got a kenwood 200 disc changer that i've had since 97 and it's great. avoid the sony at all cost. of course now days who uses cd players i still use my kenwood periodically and i use my numark tabletop scratch cd players for dj purposes but everything else is on digital media such as my computer,mp3 player, or flash drives

Submitted by jamerica9 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
looking for info on the sony CDP CX 400
PS/2 port on front of player. is it possable to connect a CUE Cat Barcode scanner to read barcode's on the CD case

Purchased At:   Best buys

Submitted by Doris Foley a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have the Sony 300 and 400 disc cd players. I want to daisy chain them together so they'll random shuffle and xfade and all that good stuff. I don't know how to wire them... Anyone out there that can help? Thanks!

Submitted by t w a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
well let me start by informing ive had a cdpcx 200 for about four or five years now and the convienience of these is well worth admission.recently purchased this and also elevated my system in other key areas as well.without going into great lengths about the sound i really like the fade option as this keeps the sound flowing from disc to disc "no lapses". also daisy chain feature is priceless as that will allow your library to grow-and once theyre in the unit and the door closes "voiola"no cleaning of discs. now what ive done is take my sonys with monster toslink and connected them to a monarchy 24bit 96ktz. dip this reduces jitter and allows connection through a streightwire megalink interconnect cable to my kora hermes dac this has two coaxiel and one ballanced inputs for added players[dvd sacd ex...]then this goes out to my pre-amp and out to a [recently aqquired] plinius sa 100 mk 111 amplifier from theyre through mit terminator 2 cables to mirage om6 speakers in the front two channels of a seven channel setup.now while it might seem crazy putting these with other high cost equipment ive found this sony equits its self very nicely, any consessions in sound can be offset by this products convienience and flexibility incorporating this into my hometheatre/2 channel integrated setup has proved invaluable. also the sound of this is not bad but adding my kora hermes allows me to have tubed cd sound of infinite proportions.sony has created a fine product and ive created a way to optimise my sound at a reasonable cost. thanks sony-enjoy!!!!

Purchased At:   sony outlet