Sherwood Newcastle CDC-5080R CD Players

5 CD Changer

Submitted by Awong a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2000

Bottom Line:
I just bought this CD player over ubid for around $100. For the money it's not bad. I wouldn't suggest buying from them because they never deliver the product that's shown. I purchased it thinking I would get the limited edition titaniun colored model like the product description and picture shows. Instead I get the black one. False advertising if you ask me. The sound on this player is actually really good. It delivers clear and crisp highs and deep lows. The remote is probably the lamest thing I've ever seen. It resembles the TV remote at some cheap motel. However for the price I can't complain. I just listen to CD's pretty casually so I didn't feel like blowing $200 bucks on one. Not a bad product.

Submitted by Jack Ski a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
I shopped around on the net for a while comparing the Onkyo and H/K as well as Sony CD players but this one had the best listed specs, and good price. I purchased it and love it. The Sherwood will play a CD and let me change the other 4 without interupting, I really enjoy this feature. Otherwise very solid product, excellent sound.

TARA LABS: