Roksan Caspian CD Players

4.42/5 (19 Reviews) MSRP : $1700.00

cd transport/dac combo

Submitted by Vladimir a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2014

Bottom Line:
Well, I'll try to be as much objective at this review. Caspian is bought as SH product, hoping to achieve at least the same sound that is offered Arcam Alpha 7SE. Before I was buy Caspain I was bought and sold more CD Play’s: Arcam Alpha 7se, Arcam Diva 72T , Musical Fidelity A3.2, Audio Aero Prima 192/94. What could Caspain expressed as a winner in the previous competition?
First of all ... in all essential characteristics was the best component (with one exception-soundstage), and as I shall rated as follows:

1. Treble - extremely precise, grain-free, gentle and unobtrusive ... with the conclusion of a light and pleasant to listen to (there is Caspian in the first place, and the only one who could be close to the Arcam Diva 72T. Musical Fidelity has not sufficiently defined details and overall high his exaggerated, but with the wrong selected interconnection cables is not playable)

2. Mid-tones - moderate, slightly pulled back, with the intention that a pullout treble to come to the fore (there is Caspian in the first place, and the only one who could be close to the Musical Fidelitiy A3.2. Arcam Diva is here wasted - shades drawn down beyond recognition melodies)

3. Low tones and bass - Powerful and full of exactly defined (balanced)

4. Vocals - Extremely natural, full circulation, more realistic to the extent that you can hear the breaths singers. Beautiful!

5. Instrumental - string instruments, playback can be heard buzzing wire to the smallest detail, wind instruments, playback can hear the air flow through the tubes...

6. Classical music - of extremely, but Caspian is the player with whom I enjoys listening to classical music. On every CD I've listened to classical music is given a color, taste and smell ... simply delights!

7. Sound-stage - good, has a width and depth, but the depth is greater than the width (there is only Arcam Diva T72 surpassed Caspain, but the fact in Section 2, cannot cope with Caspian)

The construction is good and robust. No front buttons to stand by, and there is no on remote. Someone that doesn't matter, I do mind. Reader (laser), the most sensitive of all the players I have given in the competition, so I'm certain some number of CDs have to be replaced. But that should be replaced and I would half the CD, considering the joy and happiness that gives me listening Caspain. In summary, the CD will stay long, long time on my shelves and give me moments of relaxation and joy of listening of the music.

Submitted by rsmcphee a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2007

Bottom Line:
This player is wonderful. I have had the Simaudio Supernova, Rega Jupiter, Musical Fidelity A5 and Shanling CDT100. This unit is no Simaudio in sound quality but it is very good and there is value to be had for $1900. I do not miss my Musical Fidelity and my Supernova for 1/2 the price so go figure.

The midrange is open on the player. The singers voice are natural and full bodied. The highs are smooth and the bass are tight. I think for the money no other player including the new Rega Appollo can compete with the sound of this unit. I was amaze specially after it broke in things opened up and the player sounded warmer.

Overall, highly recommended

Price Paid:    $1900.00

Purchased At:   ML AUDIO

Submitted by grggie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
Very, very good sounding from top to bottom. 5 magazines have written up some very explanatory reviews. One said it is a
gifted player that is well worth it's asking price. I find the sound to be quite satisfying, but I only listen to very good quality cds, because it is not fair to throw evrything at a cd player, because there are a lot of bad recordings that sound too digital ( superficial ), and the
sound from them can make any player sound terrible.

Purchased At:   Agon

Submitted by gads a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2002

Bottom Line:
A funny blend of soft and warm lows, with bright crisp highs.
Mids are rather good and lush, very natural.
Complexed material can end in a blured presentation, thou cool jazz and eazy rock sound goog here.
Soundstaging is fairly wide, not so as deep.

Purchased At:   Lyor

Submitted by grayg a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
Very nice sounding cd player. I had to read all the reviews, and then play with a couple of cd's. Up came Diana Krall, and I have to agree that this is a gifted player. The whole room was filled with her vocal presence, and I did not feel that digital turn off. I have only had this for a while, but so far I have to agree with one of the reviews, that it is a gifted player. Bass is very, very good, with depth, and weight.

Purchased At:   Agon

CON: Prince Caspian

Well my son and I just got back from seeing the next offering from the Chronicles of Narnia series. Most of the poor reviews I have read criticize it for its over reliance on battle scenes and CGI but I really did not get that sense. I not saying it is a great movie and certainly not in the class of ... Read More »

SFLAT: