Roksan Caspian CD Players

4.39/5 (18 Reviews) MSRP : $1700.00

cd transport/dac combo

Submitted by rsmcphee a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 10, 2007

Bottom Line:
This player is wonderful. I have had the Simaudio Supernova, Rega Jupiter, Musical Fidelity A5 and Shanling CDT100. This unit is no Simaudio in sound quality but it is very good and there is value to be had for $1900. I do not miss my Musical Fidelity and my Supernova for 1/2 the price so go figure.

The midrange is open on the player. The singers voice are natural and full bodied. The highs are smooth and the bass are tight. I think for the money no other player including the new Rega Appollo can compete with the sound of this unit. I was amaze specially after it broke in things opened up and the player sounded warmer.

Overall, highly recommended

Price Paid:    $1900.00

Purchased At:   ML AUDIO

Submitted by grggie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2002

Bottom Line:
Very, very good sounding from top to bottom. 5 magazines have written up some very explanatory reviews. One said it is a
gifted player that is well worth it's asking price. I find the sound to be quite satisfying, but I only listen to very good quality cds, because it is not fair to throw evrything at a cd player, because there are a lot of bad recordings that sound too digital ( superficial ), and the
sound from them can make any player sound terrible.

Purchased At:   Agon

Submitted by gads a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2002

Bottom Line:
A funny blend of soft and warm lows, with bright crisp highs.
Mids are rather good and lush, very natural.
Complexed material can end in a blured presentation, thou cool jazz and eazy rock sound goog here.
Soundstaging is fairly wide, not so as deep.

Purchased At:   Lyor

Submitted by grayg a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
Very nice sounding cd player. I had to read all the reviews, and then play with a couple of cd's. Up came Diana Krall, and I have to agree that this is a gifted player. The whole room was filled with her vocal presence, and I did not feel that digital turn off. I have only had this for a while, but so far I have to agree with one of the reviews, that it is a gifted player. Bass is very, very good, with depth, and weight.

Purchased At:   Agon

Submitted by asterix a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
quick review:

it is a very good player with all the fundamentals needed to have great sonics.

the one thing I wanted to share is that I thought that roksan in trying to make this player non aggressive /non fatiguing resulted in a lack of spark with the top end,as being too polite.

This was really missing for me and instead of looking for another cdp I decided to investigate with a cheap tweak by buying a older basic tube D.A.C the CAL sigma I.

Inserted a 5751 ge blackplate tube and magic happened! really.

the combination of the roksan strenth (soundstage/bass/details)coupled with the magic of a little tube sparks for top end frequencies is an unbelievable combination!I had too share.

If you can give it a try then do so,this is my experience and I listen to high end analogue too with my interspace TT and I have to admit sometimes I do enjoy the digital more over my TT on the right recordings..(never thought I would say that!) :)

thxs for reading.
T.

CON: Prince Caspian

Well my son and I just got back from seeing the next offering from the Chronicles of Narnia series. Most of the poor reviews I have read criticize it for its over reliance on battle scenes and CGI but I really did not get that sense. I not saying it is a great movie and certainly not in the class of ... Read More »

CSB 1206 BLK: