Resolution Audio CD50 CD Players

4.7/5 (10 Reviews) MSRP : $2995.00

Submitted by heidegger8 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2004

Bottom Line:
I've used it for 5 years, both as front end to monoblocks and speakers, with Stax earspeakers, and as part of a complete system.

Purchased At:   AudioForce

Submitted by heidegger8 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 24, 2004

Purchased At:   AudioForce

Submitted by trumphair a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2004

Bottom Line:
Wow! This is one musical gem. I can see how the company came up with the name Resolution Audio. If you haven't heard this unit expect to hear a smooth, spacious, and detailed presentation. The nice thing about the CD 50 is that it's a CD and Preamp all in one box. The CD 50 preamp section is excellent not like some I have used.
The guys at Resolution Audio seemed to be friendly,fast, and not too expensive. I had no problems getting my laser replaced.

Submitted by Gerry Geisler a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is a good sounding player but the problems I had with, both the player, and the company completely outway the positives.

Purchased At:   Resolution

Submitted by leaveitwithme a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought my CD50 used and unheard based on several months of research, including the glowing reviews below. These players do not surface veryoften, and having had the chance to listen to it in my new system for a few months now, I know why. It is absolutely outstanding - particularly on a good HDCD recording. It sounds as vinyl like as any CD player I have heard and I now find myself relistening to all my CDs and really enjoying the MUSIC - that's what it is all about, right? I happen to use the unbalanced outputs, but the ability to have balanced as well is useful. the unit is built like a tank, and I agree about the remote - not the best in the world, but functional. I have had several questions since owning it, and the response and support out of Resolution Audio has been excellent - even for an out of production player like the CD50.

The rest of my system is:
Plinius SA102 Power Amp
Plinius CD-LAD pre amp
Martin Logan Sequel II speakers
Richard Gray 400s power enhancer
Monster interconnects all round

Bottom line - if you can find one in good condition, you will be able to add a phenomenally good value deck to your system and you will NOT be disappointed.

Atlantic Technology :