Pioneer PD-M426 CD Players

3.75/5 (8 Reviews) MSRP : $240.00

6-Disc CD Changer

Submitted by Archenemy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
I've found this player to be fairly reliable: though I had another unit Pioneer (circa ~1994 which was stolen). Both units have been to the repairer once, my first player had a lense problem, and my latest one is still in being repaired because the cartridge stuck.

The sound is ok, a bit notchy in the high mids and the treble is a little rolled off, but that suits me: I'm not a big fan of newer players with their excessively bright sound.

I use the single cartridge (not sure if it's still available) with this player mostly, and it's good to have the option of single/multi player functionality.

My only gripes about this player are the slightly unbalanced sound, and the mechanics. If I buy another changer it will be a carousel or a single player. Haven't listened to many other changers so don't know how it compares but it's suited me...

System:
Marantz SR7200 receiver
Hitachi DV-P505 DVD player
B&W DM602.5 floorstanders
QED QUNEX 2 interconnects

Submitted by steve a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2001

Bottom Line:
this is a PD-M650 1991 model thats in the shop but 10+ yrs isnt bad without a problem or a skip, so if this one cost too much to repair ill just replace it with the PD-M426 for $ 140+ S&H. pioneer has choice quality stuff in my book.

Submitted by ALAN a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2001

Bottom Line:
after 5 years of good service, I had to toss the thing in the garbage because after 2-3 minutes of play, in the midddle of a track, it would skip to the next disk, and the next and so on. I can purchase the machine now for $ CAN 170 a dn the repair guy wanted to charge me 70-80$. Not worth repairing, so I bought a DVD player that plays CDs instead - Marantz DV 4200 - will write a review in a month or so

Submitted by jeff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
read strengths

Submitted by Symon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2000

Bottom Line:
This unit sounds pretty good for its price. Good speakers and interconnects help.
Seems to be robust and I kinda like Pioneer stuff anyway.

Sennheiser: